Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Doctor Who Thread

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Fantastic episode last night, i might even re-watch it on bbc.3 tonight!
The ghostbusters bit was brilliant and really cheered me up after the dissapointment of the football

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Can't wait for next week, will miss Billie though :love: :love: Favourite episode up to last night was the werewolf one, episode 2 I think, but that has now changed. Well done BBC for not only bringing back Dr Who, but making it ok to talk about it in public :clap: :clap: :clap:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The re-emergence of Doctor Who over the past couple of years has been little short of revelatory. Good contemporary plot lines, decent effects, genuine suspense and thankfully over two 45-minute episodes rather than dragged out mercilessly over 4 half hour episodes.

It's a far cry from the Peter Davidson/Sylvester McCoy days where any tosser with an Equity card could ham their way on and off screen, effectively ending their career for it.

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
rospants said:
anyone know whos taking over from billie?

Seem to remember hearing a rumour a while ago about Jennifer Ellison stepping into the shoes, and to be fair to her was very good in Phantom Of The Opera, although not done anything since then.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Piper over acts. The Dr's mood swings would get him locked up in real life, its cheesey still and for kids.

But its Brilliant.:clap2:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I think that David Tennant has done brilliantly as the Tenth Doctor. It took a couple of episodes to get over Christopher Eccleston but Tennant has succeeded very well.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Just the one Companion then?
300tennant_agyeman.jpg

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The Large One said:
I can see someone who is NOT going to receive to many more press releases from the BBC. Tut, tut.

Look at the date of the embargo, SB. :nono:
whistle.gif

Enjoyed the last series but this one I've found very hard work apart from the French historical one, gave up after the Cyberman episodes, which were very cliched sci fi. Tennant over-acts terribly and John Barrowman would be much better if they wanted a camp Doc.

But if it has finished as good as people say it has on here, I reckon I might give it another go on BBC3.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The Large One said:
I can see someone who is NOT going to receive to many more press releases from the BBC. Tut, tut.

Look at the date of the embargo, SB. :nono:

Am I going mad? I've read and re-read that release and can't see any mention of any embargo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here