Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Doctor Who Thread

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I thought both tonight's episode and Catherine Tate's performance were shite and the veiled humour that is now such a part of the programme pisses me off big-time. Oh for the scary episodes of Doctor Who in the 1970s. Incidentally, I still say that Carey Mulligan should have got the job as the doctor's assistant. Her performance in the "Blink" episode of the 4th series was simply awesome.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
the reporter was angeman wasn't it?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
the black girl reporter who was tied to the chair

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
you sure?

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
the reporter was angeman wasn't it?

No, definitely not. But the reporter would have been better than Tate.

Watched Doctor Who and Torchwood back-to-back tonight. The first has gone back to its childish ways, but the second just gets better and better. So much more depth.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Watched Doctor Who and Torchwood back-to-back tonight. The first has gone back to its childish ways, but the second just gets better and better. So much more depth.

who was it then....we all said, What is Angeman doing in the episode!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD

Think timeslot. Dr Who has to cater for kids.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Think timeslot. Dr Who has to cater for kids.

Yeah, but us BIG kids too! It's currently heading for the Jackanory slot. Torchwood gets better as it gets more "adult".

I thought it was pretty good. Best first episode since the series came back.

Certainly was a surprise seeing blondie so early on, wet my appetite for later in the series when we get to see ol' Dave Ross and if rumours are true, another Master-ful baddie :D

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
It looks NOTHING like Freema! lol Seriously!

I thought it was good fun.. its a kids TV show ffs so don't whine about it not being scary enough, it'll pick up! It always does!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Apologies

The reporter was the girl from Holby City

5_113_4gH3cHJcFW-250x.jpg

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Series always starts slowly. Pretty good last night though, early teaser of things to come with moment of you know who. Looking forward to rest of series.

Torchwood just got better and better though. Disappointed they finally killed of those two though as they were very good, particularly Owen. Fab storyline though for the final episode.

When will the next series be on?

And DTG I thought the reporter was her at first sight then I open my eyes and looked again :)

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Torchwood just got better and better though. Disappointed they finally killed of those two though as they were very good, particularly Owen.

Well, Owen was already "dead", but for the next series I suspect there's a cunning plan...

Torchwood just got better and better though. Disappointed they finally killed of those two though as they were very good, particularly Owen. Fab storyline though for the final episode.

Except for the bloke they got playing Jack's brother, Jesus he was f***ing terrible. His accent!!... He was like Dick van Dyke in reverse :lol:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Theres my evening gone then

Might try and get a tape, depends which episodes, as due to gran and grandad owning the old dr who shop in st leonards till few years ago, i have huge collection of dr who vids, mostly dalek.

Wolud be nice if one of troughtons was on, is only dr i have no dalek episodes for :(

You will be lucky as only Ep2 of Evil of The Daleks exists...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I thought both tonight's episode and Catherine Tate's performance were shite and the veiled humour that is now such a part of the programme pisses me off big-time. Oh for the scary episodes of Doctor Who in the 1970s. Incidentally, I still say that Carey Mulligan should have got the job as the doctor's assistant. Her performance in the "Blink" episode of the 4th series was simply awesome.

And more importantly she is well FIT

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here