Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Doc in the Argus !!

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
1,025 consecutive away matches. That is absolutely incredible. He must be in extremely good health as I've missed games at the merest hint of man flu coming with train or match tickets already bought.

Respect. :bowdown:

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
930 at Lime Street last Saturday and there was Doc scuttling off the Birmingham train. God knows what time he set off. I thought, there's a constant of my Albion-supporting life. Little did I know.

My Dad used to work with him and knew him pretty well. Big film buff too used to see everything at the London Film Festival every year.

PG

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I always wondered why Me , Russ and Rob had seen Doc getting on a train at Grimsby Town to go to an away game some years back until it was revealed that he also travelled around the country visiting new or existing Wetherspoons.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It says he's 63 watched every away game since Halifax aged 47 in 1970. Something amiss there!

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Graham, who is single.

Whelp.

Hey, there's many a saturday afternoon where the thought of an away day of footie and beer seemed a much better option than domestic bliss.

Wait until you've been married a while!

Oh, and Doc is a top bloke. Eccentric, certainly.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Sorry but am I missing something here?

We are about to move into a new stadium and enter potentially one of the most exciting periods for our club. But Doc is choosing to follow non league football, never went to Gillingham and has only been to Withdean on a number of occasions???

Perhaps I should recall my my only encounter with him. Away to Halifax a few years back in the first MA promotion season. Having travelled up on a damp Tues afternoon we were distraught when the match was called off 30 mins before kick off due to a water logged pitch. Only one thing to do was have a few beers and a curry.

Bumped into Doc and some younger chap in the pub and there then followed a lively debate as to why he did not go to Withdean much or Gillingham. Essentially he said he did not like or trust Dick Knight and and he suggested that he would have preferred that we had gone bust and had to start up again in non league.

I don't wish to demean his away attendance record but I just could not grasp his logic.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I think all three should have a place in the new musem at falmer ledgends.Stuffed, only joking:sick:thats what I think of Weatherspoons

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Please DO not enquire about the time he was STOPPED by the RUC in Belfast who wished to look inside the case.
I think the RUC officers ARE still traumatised by what they saw INSIDE.

:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

Was it a life size plaster cast of Guppy's penis and a magnifying glass to see it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here