• Deep Pan Baby!

Votes: 28 45.2%
  • Thin Like Posh Spice!

Votes: 34 54.8%

• Total voters

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I bet the thin crust SLAGBOATS thought this poll would be more clearcut. It's a moral victory for us chubby-pan chasers.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Has to be deep when taking away.. and thin when in restaurant.. hmmm like crabtree I'm going deep because I'm not posh enough to eat pizza in a restaurant.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I make my own - thin crust cooked on a pizza stone.

The dough is the easiest thing to make - couple of handfulls of strong white bread flour, pinch of salt and a packet of dried yeast.

Add enough WARM water to make a sticky dough and kneed until smooth. Let rise for an hour in a warm place, cover with an oiled piece of cling flim.

Pre-heat the oven to the HOTTEST setting, with the oven tray you are going to cook it on in their ready heating up. Get a pizza stone for the best results.

Knock the air out of the dough and roll out THIN.

Take the tray out of the oven - remembering to SHUT the oven door to retain the heat.

Sprinkle the pizza base with flour and fold in half then half again.

( This make it easier to get on the tray )

Quickly transfer to the hot tray and unfold.

Spread some canned chopped tomatoes VERY THINLY onto the base (no more than a couple of tablespoons ) leaving a crust around the outside. Don't worry if you leave areas of the base uncovered - you'll get a better result.

Break up some mozzerallo and distrubute evenly.

Then whatever you want - but remember the dried oregano ( the pizza herb ! ).

The trick is actually to be sparse with the topping - don't let anything cover anything else. You still want to be able see the base through the toppings - else your pizza will be soggy.

Cooked high in the oven for about ten minutes.

Last edited:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Very true, the greatest pizza is that one creates himself - a good selection of cheeses on top of a thin layer of Passata is the way to go. Mozzarella, Talleggio and Dolcelatte, with a dusting of proper Parmesan and Basil ... :drool:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here