Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The definitive Newcastle ticket price poll

Did the club get the Newcastle ticket pricing right?

• Yes, yes they did

Votes: 55 28.5%
  • No, too expensive

Votes: 138 71.5%

• Total voters

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It was mainly in the WSU that the empty seats were to be found - suggesting that prices in other parts of the ground were about right.

WSU was never an option for anyone to buy a ticket in unless just buying your own seat, well certainly on-line anyway.

There were loads of empty seats around us

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
So you will pay £25, but not £28 ?

That's a ridiculous line of argument - so you would pay £28 but not £500? And so your line of argument goes on and on...and is pointless anyway. Can't you just accept I couldn't afford according to my circumstances. Fortunately we're such a big club now I can watch on TV instead! And save pennies for derby and Bham instead.

WSU was never an option for anyone to buy a ticket in unless just buying your own seat, well certainly on-line anyway.

There were loads of empty seats around us
How many WSU season ticket holders bought tickets for other- cheaper - parts of the ground? There were plenty of new faces around me in the North Stand.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
How many WSU season ticket holders bought tickets for other- cheaper - parts of the ground? There were plenty of new faces around me in the North Stand.

You could be right there as there was an option to pay less buying elsewhere in the ground.

Pretty much most faces that are normally around me were, where there were not great gaps !

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
It's even funnier when they say, the club has missed out on them spending money on food and drink. Tickets left unsold at £28 and you have people on here saying if it was £25 they would be there. £3 that's the difference. So are we expected to believe they would turn up at£25 a head and spend copious amounts of money on food and drink. I think most would spend £3 less on food and drink surely

Again, ridiculous line of argument. Everyone has a price point and for some it was x and others it will be y. But to keep saying its just short of z is an argument with no ending. Just accept some fans chose to watch on TV and some went to the ground. It all depends on individual circumstances. And stop sounding so bombastic, I'm sure you haven't got a small one but you're coming across as someone who has. Sorry, just saying like.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I am not buying this, people on here are moaning about paying £40 or £37 and saying it should be cheaper. There were tickets for £28 in the North, so for some who only wanted to pay £25 it complete bollocks to say it would have been a sell out, if we did still have tickets for £28 going unsold.

Let's spell this out for the hard of thinking. I have a season ticket, with a mate in the WSU and a lot of my old friends from the Goldstone are also in there. My own seat was overpriced. £28 for a seat on my own with a vastly inferior view is also overpriced especially when I could see it FOR FREE on the goggle box. Price was my sole reason for not going. Season tickets used to include cup vouchers anyway, another tradition modern football has eroded. But carry on being happy to be ripped off.

Eastbourne Stripes

Smith must score
Jun 8, 2009
Eastbourne
Match by match ticket prices are too expensive, the reason the crowd was down was the non attendance of lots of season ticket holders, my season ticket works out at 18 pounds per game but for this match the club wanted 28, having just spend a small fortune on my two kids for xmas and not due another salary until 25th Jan i chose not to attend bearing in mind travel costs etc the price of tics was my primary reason for not attending club got this wrong imho

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Simply, did the club get the ticket pricing right?

Club got it wrong, and I was there today.

Maybe ST holders should be offered their seat on a pro rata price for a limited time when compared to their season ticket. After that then normal matchday prices apply.

Your thoughts?

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Match by match ticket prices are too expensive, the reason the crowd was down was the non attendance of lots of season ticket holders, my season ticket works out at 18 pounds per game but for this match the club wanted 28, having just spend a small fortune on my two kids for xmas and not due another salary until 25th Jan i chose not to attend bearing in mind travel costs etc the price of tics was my primary reason for not attending club got this wrong imho

You'll need to explain this again for the hard of learning types on here it seems - are you saying that price was a defining factor in you not attending today?!! ;)

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Club got it wrong, and I was there today.

Maybe ST holders should be offered their seat on a pro rata price for a limited time when compared to their season ticket. After that then normal matchday prices apply.

Your thoughts?

That seems like a decent idea... especially if you incorporate it with the 'auto-cup-ticket-omatic' option.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Again, ridiculous line of argument. Everyone has a price point and for some it was x and others it will be y. But to keep saying its just short of z is an argument with no ending. Just accept some fans chose to watch on TV and some went to the ground. It all depends on individual circumstances. And stop sounding so bombastic, I'm sure you haven't got a small one but you're coming across as someone who has. Sorry, just saying like.

Explain why people on here relate high priced tickets and say that the club miss out on money spent on food and drink. Now I have sympathy for those who can not afford it. But to give dumb arse answers along the line of well they missed out on me spending on food and drink, well that is bullshit. The price of a pie and pint is a lot more then the difference of £3 on the ticket. The argument falls down. Are you telling me people would pay £25 a ticket and £7 odd for pie and drink, or would they pay just £25 and not buy any food.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
21500@ £30 ap=£645k........27000@£20ap= £550k.......or something like that,no very supporter friendly i agree but that's business,good or bad

Or £25.00 x 27,000 = £675,000.

Plus whatever the club would have made in the way of food/drink sales etc...

2,900 fans (1901) didn't have to buy their ticket, so that would reduce any gate revenue.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
That's a ridiculous line of argument - so you would pay £28 but not £500? And so your line of argument goes on and on...and is pointless anyway. Can't you just accept I couldn't afford according to my circumstances. Fortunately we're such a big club now I can watch on TV instead! And save pennies for derby and Bham instead.

He person he quoted said he would have gone if tickets were £25. Tickets were on sale at £28 and didn't sell out, so why does £3 make that much difference to them going and did he think that a £3 reduction have sold another 3 to 6k more seats, something i very much doubt.

There are those who decided that a combination of the price and the fact it was free to watch at home on TV meant they didn't go and i doubt a small reduction in ticket prices would have changed their minds and i think the majority of those who would have gone actually went today.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
They got the prices wrong clearly, our lowest crowd of the season against a Premier team. I think they prices were right for non STHs because they were the same price for a league match. They should have rewarded STH by them paying the same as a league game e.g- I pay £20 for a league game but paid £28 today.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Explain why people on here relate high priced tickets and say that the club miss out on money spent on food and drink. Now I have sympathy for those who can not afford it. But to give dumb arse answers along the line of well they missed out on me spending on food and drink, well that is bullshit. The price of a pie and pint is a lot more then the difference of £3 on the ticket. The argument falls down. Are you telling me people would pay £25 a ticket and £7 odd for pie and drink, or would they pay just £25 and not buy any food.

The argument does not fall down because it was a lunch time kick off. Everyone who went would have had to include additional food, whether a packed lunch, take out, or food from the concourse in their overall budget for the game.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
And suggesting that in WSU prices were wrong.

No it doesn't. - If they weren't on sale online, they are not going to sell out.

I guess the club wanted the lower tiers to be filled first because they are the areas most likely to be shown by the TV coverage. I suspect that a fair few of those who brought elsewhere may well have brought tickets for the WSU if they were readily available.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here