Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The definitive Newcastle ticket price poll

Did the club get the Newcastle ticket pricing right?

• Yes, yes they did

Votes: 55 28.5%
  • No, too expensive

Votes: 138 71.5%

• Total voters

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Simply, did the club get the ticket pricing right?

And, did the stay-at-home fans judge the value correctly?

[edit: sorry if that messes up your "simply" bit!]

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I honestly think they were a bit greedy, should have been £24 instead of £32 there were huge gaps in WSU

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
No, I still believe that asking people to pay 85% of their monthly ST price for one game is a bit of a racket.

That said, if I'd had a crystal ball, I would probably have gone. Given the form we've had through December, I didn't fancy being humped by the "bigger boys" on a cold January morning. I don't regret not going - I had a lovely afternoon drinking the beer I wanted, and screaming at the telly, and I can't deny I had a better view than my usual seat in the front of the North, but in hindsight, being there would have been epic.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Aren't both clubs involved in setting prices for cup games?

No I don't think they are it is the home side that decides

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
21k with the game on terrestrial TV would suggest they did get it about right.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
I voted yes only because if they were cheaper (which would have been nice) they would have been one hell of a reaction if they progress in the cup and then get another home tie and then put the price's up!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The price was right

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
21k today - knock the prices down a fiver and it jumps to 25k I reckon

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Oops voted wrongly...vastly overpriced... 20 per ticket and it would hae been full

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Most teams in the FA Cup have set their prices around £20, the club missed a chance to get the first proper sell out attendance.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't think I can criticise the club(s - both have to agree) for charging what is the same price as a non-sth would pay for the same ticket to a home game v Barnsley, or Peterborough despite playing premier league opposition.

Would they have a larger crowd if the tickets were cheaper? Probably, but there would still be some people claiming it was too expensive. Everyone wants everything cheaper
Do I miss having the first home cup game included in the season ticket? Yes
Do I think it's a bit rich for fans to demand we sign top players, then expect the club to constantly miss out on money by giving us extra bargains? Yes.

I don't go back to currys expecting them to give me a free dvd, just because I bought a TV during a sale and got a good discount on it, so I don't expect a discount on cup games, just because I got one on league games.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
No I don't think they are it is the home side that decides

http://www.thefa.com/Competitions/FACompetitions/TheFATrophy/match%20centre/darlington-mansfield-trophy-final/~/media/files/pdf/the%20fa%20cup%20and%20comps/competition%20rules%202011-12/compguidance2011-12.ashx/compguidance2011-12.pdf This is for last season.

ADMISSION CHARGES
Immediately upon receipt of the draw, clubs must liaise to agree the prices of admission for the tie, including
a possible replay. Once admission prices are agreed, they must be confirmed in writing to avoid any dispute
which may arise after ties have been played. Increased admission prices for visiting supporters can only be
fixed if both clubs are in agreement. Home clubs must include all details of admission prices agreed on the
Match Arrangement Form, especially if prices are different for both clubs.​

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here