Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The definitive "Are you going to Liverpool?" poll

Are you going to the Liverpool cup match?

• Yes I am

Votes: 175 58.9%
  • No, I'm not (time/difficulty of travel)

Votes: 74 24.9%
  • No, wouldn't have gone regardless

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • Still on the fence (make your fecking mind up)

Votes: 33 11.1%

• Total voters

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thanks to those who answered my question. With predicted bad weather on its way I think that I will settle for TV in the pub as I have been to Anfield a number of times

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I am assuming tickets start going on sale tomorrow, if we are allocated 7,000 we might not actually sell out

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
i'm going. anybody know how long it takes to get back to Lime Street after the game?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
The timing of this match really IS a massive BITCH, to be honest, but regardless, we'll still be there.

Getting my two boys home at 11.30pm the night before they go back to school is FAR from ideal, to be honest, but in ten years time they'll remember the Albion's famous win at Anfield, not that they were tired at school on the Monday!

Obviously we MIGHT not actually win, but regardless - its a chance for them to see Brighton at one of the WORLD'S most famous football stadiums. It might get pulled down sometime soon(ish) - this could be the last chance...

Exactly this. There's always early bed Monday night to help catch up. I used to take mine to London midweek away's such as Millwall & Orient but knocked that on the head now as school gets more serious. However, this is one trip it would be cruel to deny him I think.

mh369

Mar 4, 2009
London
not gonna miss this game. Hopefully can find some cheap accommodation in Liverpool on Saturday night so can make a weekend of it!

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove
Would have preferred any other kick-off time but both me and the missus think we can negotiate holiday for Monday morning. Probably. We hope. Travel booked, hotel booked, assuming loyalty points will allow us to get tickets booked. On the off-chance that BHA don't make it to the Premier League soon this may be the last opportunity for a while to compete at Anfield, so it's worth stretching for.

devonsi

"By-The-Sea"
Dec 26, 2008
Plymouth
Oh Yesss! Ffs! Yess! Bring it on... Was Royal Navy in '83' Alongside Workington's(ASH), twer a Sunday, Hire car shop Closed, but then so were most things back then, never got there :p for what must have been an awsome game, me + 2 +1 Liverpol, from Devon, tkt dependant obviously... Aaaaaaaaaaaaaallllbiiiiiiooooonnn... :D

It's a case of family first and my 10 year old says we have to go so that's what we will do!!!!!! Great Memories are what make your life, like driving from Dungeness to Brighton in 83 and queing all day for a replay ticket.

yippee!

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
i'm going. anybody know how long it takes to get back to Lime Street after the game?

I've been there twice in the eighties.

The first time it took me about a 20 minute casual walk.

However, the following time, it only took me 5 minutes.

Mind you, I did run bloody quickly in those days after calling them scouse wankers.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The timing of this match really IS a massive BITCH, to be honest, but regardless, we'll still be there.

Getting my two boys home at 11.30pm the night before they go back to school is FAR from ideal, to be honest, but in ten years time they'll remember the Albion's famous win at Anfield, not that they were tired at school on the Monday!

This, I've also quoted 11.30pm to the wife but suspect it will be more like 1-2am!!!!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Never missed a game when we've played Liverpool since our rise to the top flight and will not be missing this one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here