Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Decision Has Been Made......

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Soton Seagull said:
Coppell is going 100%. A very trusted (private) source informs me that SC has been ringing senior staff from the club this evening to inform them of his decision to go to Reading. There will be a press conference or announcement tomorrow, not sure if he will now be attending the heart thing.

You can choose to believe me or not, but I would add that those who know me or read my posts will know that I never claim to have inside info. This is a 1st. Mark my words.

I am gutted.:nono:

Erm.. u may be right, but this is no exclusive - it's nigh on a transcript of Coppell's interview on BBC SCR !!!

helga

Aug 8, 2003
I told you all on Thursday he was going...and still people applauded him in the sad hope he might stay. Good grief!!!

There are very few managers who we could make BHA through and through. Liam Brady maybe, but I accept the comments made about him.

Ian Dowie could be good...and if the stadium is just two years off then maybe we would keep him for the long term. Lets hope so!!

Re: Re: The Decision Has Been Made......

Jam The Man said:
Erm.. u may be right, but this is no exclusive - it's nigh on a transcript of Coppell's interview on BBC SCR !!!

I don't recall him phoning anyone up during his radio interview yesterday to confirm the final decision made this afternoon! Although I fully accept we all knew he was pretty much off anyway.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Stevie Coppell is a great manager and I hope he stays (as mentioned by Micky Adams this morning)

But.........

At the end of the day........

The most important thing is Falmer. Once we get that we will be able to compete without both hands tied behind our back.

Trust Dick Knight. He is the man.

We have a great team and great fans!

KEEP THE FAITH!!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
If Coppell goes, that's life. I'll be more worried if Leon Knight and Danny Cullip go with him.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Oh, what fun. We're probably the only team in the entire league that has a higher turnover of managers than players!!!

You have to ask yourselves how they feel? Are they used to it happening now?

glosterseagull

Oct 2, 2003
:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

He's making a big mistake. See you next season Mr coppell! i wish him well; but I cant wait to see reading finish below us next season!

i really thought he would stay well 50.01%
:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I don't know how he can look at his reflection in the mirror? Supposedly one of the few men left in football with some principles - bollox. He's thinking of no-one but himself and when we come up against Reading in the future I hope he has the decency to have a few sleepless nights. Steve Coppell - you have let us all down.

P..A..L..A..C..E Stevie Coppell's grown back V.D!!!!

Thanks for nothing look like you can take us places and

:censored: off. All I'll remember you for is a 5-0 loss against the enemy and generally being a fool that didn't know a good thing when he had it.

This club is bigger than any one man and it's certainly bigger than you!! :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

See you next year!!!

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
The Argus claim it is a done deal on the back of today's paper. Right, lets start choosing our new manager.

Lush

Mods' Pet
I feel let down. With all that waffle in the summer about honouring Blackwells contract even though he hadn't signed it - well it's different when it comes to you, isn't it Steve.

Also not only has he dumped us for a "richer" club, he made us beg him to stay and then went anyway.

He is a great manager, but not as great a man as I thought.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Dear God, please can you fix it for us to draw Reading at the FuckwitMadejski Stadium in the FA Cup.

Thank you.

I would really fancy us playing them at their place in the cup. As for the league, I hope they finish miserably mid-table (I have too much faith in Coppell's ability for them to be relegated, sadly).

Madejski, you lying, two faced, hypocrite, beware: WE HAVE VERY LONG MEMORIES.

:angry:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
At the end of the day the club is bigger than any single manager....however I believe his work in the managers position has been at a time recently when we were most in need of some consistancy and professionalism has made him IMHO a huuge asset. That being said I agree entirely with lush - yes he is a great manager - but I think he's no longer then gentleman of football I thought....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here