Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Dark Knight

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I thought one of the good things with the film was the fact that it kept moving. I suppose you could have made more of Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman but it would have made the story slower.

Yeah I see what you mean. I would have had less of Harvey Dent/Two face but that would have been hard as he is the catalyst for a lot of the plot. Enjoyed it though.

Well I saw it last night, definitely as good as everyone's saying it is (although I didn't think it was that violent, 12 rating's about right).... ending felt a bit drawn out and confusing though, found myself thinking "end it already" a good half an hour before the film actually finished although I think the woman sitting next to me who bizarrely, stank of crab might have had something to do with that.

Not a morsal of crab in sight but I also thought it went on too long and went all unnecessarily complicated.

Twas a good movie but not a classic and perhaps I'm old fashioned but I certainly wouldn't recommend any U12's go along and see it. The violence whilst not blatant in your face was nonetheless pretty nasty and not for those of a particularly nervous disposition.

challengechappers

Sep 14, 2005
saw it tonight to escape the gaylords.

surprised me by being excellent, easily the best batman film, despite lots of mumbled dialogue (a too frequent occurrence of modern movies). never a PG though ! totally shocked it wasn't at least a 15, it's a pretty evil film.

surprised me by being excellent, easily the best batman film, despite lots of mumbled dialogue (a too frequent occurrence of modern movies). never a PG though ! totally shocked it wasn't at least a 15, it's a pretty evil film.

15 no way Jose, there's not even any swearing. The most violent bit was probably the Joker interrogation and the worst that brought upvwas him banging the Joker's head into the window - Pah, I had that done to me in Nursery School.

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
Just to let you know - you haven't seen the film unless you've seen it at the imax! INCREDIBLE :D

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Saw it at the Imex here, good film a little too long I agree.
Is it me or has the interpretation of a beautiful woman changed.
For example Maggie whatsherface in The Dark Knight, Kirsten Dunst, Cate Blanchett;
average to just below in my opinion for what it's worth:rolleyes:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Having a supermodel would only detract. The whole POINT of The Dark Knight was grounding it in realism. You don't get that with drop-dead women swanning about the place.

challengechappers

Sep 14, 2005
15 no way Jose, there's not even any swearing. The most violent bit was probably the Joker interrogation and the worst that brought upvwas him banging the Joker's head into the window - Pah, I had that done to me in Nursery School.

think i'm getting old :(

not the actual violence shown but just the level of implied violence, which is constant throughout the film. i know that's the point but it reminded me of texas chainsaw massacre, which also has very little actual violence shown on screen.

there's no way i'd take a kiddie to see it.

great film though, i'm not arguing against that.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Having a supermodel would only detract. The whole POINT of The Dark Knight was grounding it in realism. You don't get that with drop-dead women swanning about the place.

Wait a minute, the words' Batman' and 'real 'surely should not be used in the same context.
Unless this film was really a documentary, maybe I did miss the point:lolol:
Lets face it if Maggie Whatshername was in your pub would you look twice,well below par:nono:

Oct 25, 2003
yeah its very good, but did anyone have a problem with the sound? some of it was inaudible for me, especialy the monologue at the end

ledger was VERY good, one criticism i will have is that i think an excellent sequal could've been made if they hadn't drawn out the two face character, i reckon they should've ended his part when they revealed his FACE and then in a sequal having him going mental and that

but then i'm not a film director

anyway, top film

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
yeah its very good, but did anyone have a problem with the sound? some of it was inaudible for me, especialy the monologue at the end

ledger was VERY good, one criticism i will have is that i think an excellent sequal could've been made if they hadn't drawn out the two face character, i reckon they should've ended his part when they revealed his FACE and then in a sequal having him going mental and that

anyway, top film

Thats what i thought was going to happen, guess not!

Is there plans to make another one? or is that it now?

johnnyjetlag

Jul 26, 2004
Thats what i thought was going to happen, guess not!

Is there plans to make another one? or is that it now?

There's been quite a bit of rumour-mongering over casting for the next batman, with the likes of Johnny Depp playing the Riddler, Philip Seymour Hoffman as the Penguin and Angelina Jolie as Catwoman. But I think as it currently stands Christopher Nolan hasn't signed up for another one and his brother (the screenwriter) is working on the new Terminator flick so has yet to write any new Bat related material.

To answer your question though, you can pretty much guarantee a new bat flick and I'm sure Christopher Nolan will direct it. Who's in it though? Heck knows...

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Ledger's performance is brilliant. Such a hard part to nail and he got it, psychotic, creepy and insanely brilliant all at once. I would compare it to Daniel Day Lewis in There Will Be Blood.

The film did need 20 minutes knocked off and I liked Tommy Boys idea. Especially as I think bringing in other characters will make it more comic like and the fact that these ones haven't been is what I liked.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey

anyway, top film

Agree with you!! Thought the movie was brilliant, but they squished 2 movies in one. The audio was a bit patchy in places too.

Ledger was awesome, and really scary too, the character had so many levels as well - loved his real sadness that came across after he worked out that his "social experiment" didn't work. Definitely should get the oscar.

May well get nightmares now!!

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey

Agreed - some bits were really horrible - the jokers videos were just so evil, and reminiscent of the terrorist videos we see today.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford

anyway, top film

apparently the next film will have david tennant playing the RIDDLER!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here