Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Dark Knight

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Did anyone see it on Monday? Anyone going tomorrow?

Batman beats Superman any day.

comic.gif

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Can't wait for the Uncle Spielberg Film Club to review it!

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
saw it a few days ago. very good movie. good solid couple of hours of entertainment. have to say though, although i did enjoy the character and the portrayal, i feel heath ledger's performance is somewhat over-rated. probably suffered in my eyes because of the pre-release hype and the mother of all publicity stunts, but i really wasn't blown away by the performance and feel like i should have been. if you ask me, gary oldman plays the wrong guy - he should have been the joker because no-one plays insane criminals quite like him.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Watched this sensational film at the Dubai Premiere at midnight last night.

Brilliant performance by Heath Ledger - he steals back the Joker from Jack Nicholson who camped it up, and created a character that lived for chaos. I'd have thought Ledger would be a shoe-in for the Oscar, even at the risk of sounding sentimental.

The violence had shades of Tarantino - some extremely dark moments right from the start. My favourites - the disappearing pencil and the mobile phone. I'll say no more.

9.5 / 10

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
I went to the London Premiere on Monday. Was very good, Ledger especially.

The story doesn't stop moving, but its not as if its non-stop action. I'd like to see it again and know some people that are seeing at the Imax, which should be a sight to behold.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I went to the London Premiere on Monday. Was very good, Ledger especially.

The story doesn't stop moving, but its not as if its non-stop action. I'd like to see it again and know some people that are seeing at the Imax, which should be a sight to behold.

I had the IMAX experience - incredible.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
saw it a few days ago. very good movie. good solid couple of hours of entertainment. have to say though, although i did enjoy the character and the portrayal, i feel heath ledger's performance is somewhat over-rated. probably suffered in my eyes because of the pre-release hype and the mother of all publicity stunts, but i really wasn't blown away by the performance and feel like i should have been. if you ask me, gary oldman plays the wrong guy - he should have been the joker because no-one plays insane criminals quite like him.

I disagree. I forgot completely about the ledger death once the film started. His performance was all the better because it wasn't over the top. His performance, like most of the film, felt not a million miles away from reality.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I just had a text from the Argus congratulating me on winning two free tickets to see The Dark Knight at the Duke of York, tonight at midnight. RESULT !

:clap2:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Holy DOUBLEYELLA Batman, whats the parking like around the Preston Circus area in the small hours ? Anyone know anywhere I can sneak my motor for a couple of hours till about 2am without risking a ticket ?

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Holy DOUBLEYELLA Batman, whats the parking like around the Preston Circus area in the small hours ? Anyone know anywhere I can sneak my motor for a couple of hours till about 2am without risking a ticket ?

Most if not all resident parking ends at 8pm and doesn't start again until 7, so you should be ok parking anywhere that isn't a double yellow.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
My favourite scene: The Hospital (spoiler ahead!)

[yt]CWV4Vjyqe2s[/yt]

Well I saw it last night, definitely as good as everyone's saying it is (although I didn't think it was that violent, 12 rating's about right).... ending felt a bit drawn out and confusing though, found myself thinking "end it already" a good half an hour before the film actually finished although I think the woman sitting next to me who bizarrely, stank of crab might have had something to do with that.

London Pompous

Feb 16, 2008
Is that the way we refer to Little Leon these days?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just back, we both enjoyed it.
Personally I wasn't convinced about Ledger, and side with Terry Gilliam, words to the effect of 'what won't these people do to sell a film'.
He was good, an understated Nicholson with a dash of suprisingly, Herman Munster thrown in.

Loads of great stuff, to get us talking on the way home.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here