Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Dark Knigh Rises

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Gutted it'll be the last of the Dark Knight series though. Thought there was going to be a few more
How many have there been, is this just the second or was there another?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
How many have there been, is this just the second or was there another?

Batman Begins (much of the footage at the start of the trailer, and liam neeson's voiceover is from this one)
The Dark Knight
The Dark Knight Rises

The trailer showed before Harry Potter and I heard a yound girl tell her friend "oh, the dark knight 2!"

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Batman Begins (much of the footage at the start of the trailer, and liam neeson's voiceover is from this one)
The Dark Knight
The Dark Knight Rises
Ah ok, I'm up to date then. I only just watched TDK on Sunday (saw BB years ago).

TDK was a good film, but quite a few irritating events in it.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Nolan is like a fine red wine, he gets better with age.... I thought THK was an incredible film, Nolan has made batman hardcore again

Sir Michael Caine said this will be the best...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Ah ok, I'm up to date then. I only just watched TDK on Sunday (saw BB years ago).

TDK was a good film, but quite a few irritating events in it.

There was also Gotham Knight, which wasn't Chris Nolan's work, but much like The Animatrix was a collection of animated stories done in a variety of animation styles to tie in with the release of the dark knight. I'm not sure if it links into the films the same way the animatrix did with the matrix.

Batman: Gotham Knight (Video 2008) - IMDb

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Absolutely love the Dark Knight. What parts irritate you?
It was a good film, I enjoyed it - but I do get irritated when parts of films don't make sense. Spoliers to follow:

1) when the joker is in jail and just wants to make his phone call. I didn't know what he wanted to do, but at the very least you'd imagine it was to call an order in to his gang. Under no circumstances would you let him make the call. And how he got out of jail - he's the most wanted criminal in the city, ever! So they just leave someone in the cell with him, with a key to get out. Pah.
2) the easy convenience of Dent's fall. His face getting burnt wasn't predictable, so you're just dealing with his life being chosen over his girlfriend's. More likely to stiffen his resolve than make him fall to the dark side.
3) at the end, it is important that Dent is seen as a hero - no problem there. So just say that the gangs killed him as he tried to protect the police commissioner. Easy to say that Batman is not the hero, Dent was, but no need to have the whole public and police force against him, as he tries to protect the city. Stupid, stupid, stupid :)

just little things like that, that irk, and stop it feeling like a great film.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
It was a good film, I enjoyed it - but I do get irritated when parts of films don't make sense. Spoliers to follow:

1) when the joker is in jail and just wants to make his phone call. I didn't know what he wanted to do, but at the very least you'd imagine it was to call an order in to his gang. Under no circumstances would you let him make the call. And how he got out of jail - he's the most wanted criminal in the city, ever! So they just leave someone in the cell with him, with a key to get out. Pah.
2) the easy convenience of Dent's fall. His face getting burnt wasn't predictable, so you're just dealing with his life being chosen over his girlfriend's. More likely to stiffen his resolve than make him fall to the dark side.
3) at the end, it is important that Dent is seen as a hero - no problem there. So just say that the gangs killed him as he tried to protect the police commissioner. Easy to say that Batman is not the hero, Dent was, but no need to have the whole public and police force against him, as he tries to protect the city. Stupid, stupid, stupid :)

just little things like that, that irk, and stop it feeling like a great film.

Fair enough! I find it easy to gloss over those little bits myself so it doesn't tarnish the effect of the whole film. Understand your points though

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
For me the Dark Knight is the best 'mainstream' Hollywood movie since Die Hard

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Fair enough! I find it easy to gloss over those little bits myself so it doesn't tarnish the effect of the whole film.
I need to learn how to gloss over these things, they happen in too many films. It's really satisfying when you find a film that is enjoyable and stands up to some scrutiny though.
For me the Dark Knight is the best 'mainstream' Hollywood movie since Die Hard
The sequels were so god awful that it's easy to forget DH was a very good film. There must have been plenty better though ???

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Lol, looking for inspiration I just had a look at the 50 top voted films in the uk from 2000 - 2009, and The Dark Knight is at the top.

EDIT
Ok, good film though Die Hard was, it's not acceptable to say there's been no better mainstread film from Hollywood since 1988.
Here are a few you may prefer:
The silience of the lambs
The usual suspects
Saving Private Ryan
LA confidential
Pulp Fiction
something from the Bourne films

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here