Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Daily Mail Princess Diana game

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Couldn't help noticing in the thread about MP Simon Kirby's house being trashed by party gatecrashers this week, that the Daily Mail, once again, somehow managed to crowbar in a completely unnecessary and irrelevant Princess Diana reference to the story. I think the same editorial requirement should apply to NSC...pick a thread from the board today, find a monumentally tenuous link to the Queen of All Our Hearts, and post the update on here. Hey, it is Friday...
:thumbsup:

Here's my SNIPPET of Diana-related information for a choice thread.

Bus from the Amex

I usually take the train to and from shoreham, but tomorrow am meeting friends in the lanes after the game. Intend to get the train in as normal, but what bus should I get for central Brighton and where would I get it from. What sort of wait is there for these buses?

Thanks

Princess Diana's brother, Earl Spencer, rents out rooms at Diana's ancestral home, Althorp, to rich American Express cardholders, at £1,000 per night. Now you can get married at Princess Diana's home.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
i thought he was quite good last year, he lacked a bit of composure sometimes but give him a break hes only 19! its not like he never scored for us either! yet everyone on here with their expert knowledge puts him down as crap. Hes obviously not too crap to be scoring in European competitions and playing in world cups is he?
Chris Woods played for his native New Zealand in the last World Cup. New Zealand is another country where Princess Diana was very popular and is sorely missed, as this feature on the Princess Diana memorial garden featured in a popular New Zealand newspaper as recently as last month, clearly shows:

Shelley Bridgeman: In memory of Princess Diana - Life & Style - NZ Herald News

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Letter from a travel agent in Travel Weekly today.

"We are looking hard at whether Croydon will ever recover from the shame and suffering that a group of lawless individuals has brought to this once proud town".

Now I certainly sympathise with the people who live and work in Croydon, but "once proud town"?

When exactly did Croydon have anything to be proud about? Croydon ... proud??? Not two words I would ever expect to find in the same sentence.

A Princess Diana lookalike and her husband pleaded guilty at Croydon Crown Court in July this year for running an illegal importation business, smuggling veterinary drugs into the UK from their French farmhouse. Princess Diana lookalike Regine Lansley's £13m empire in illegal farm drugs | Mail Online

(this is what the Mail considers to be a "Diana lookalike", by the way...:facepalm:)

article-2012348-0CE7BF3A00000578-694_468x351.jpg

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
I have 2 spare reading weekend tickets going for 50 quid the pair and im not leaving sussex til four. Any takers?

Now is the season of the rock festival and the Daily Mail can exclusively reveal that aged pop rockers Duran Duran will not be appearing at the Reading Festival or any other festival in the near future due to the straining on their lead singers sore throat.

Princess Diana favourite and band lead singer Simon Le Bon only quote yesterday when asked about their lack of appearence at V was "gggggggggggghhhhhhh"

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Am going Sept 18th for one week, to St Petersburg & Moscow. How was it there ? what currency is best ?, any information or tips would be most appreciated. What impressions did you get of the country. I have heard that it is very expensive, is this so ?

Princess Diana visited Russia in 1995. It's a shame she's not here now, as she'd no doubt have been able to answer these questions. However. Here is a video of her touring a children's hospital and the Bolshoi Ballet in Moscow.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Hearts fans in good voice though at the Lane, bless 'em. They think this is a one off game. :lolol:

Yes Hearts fans were singing even though they were thoroughly thrashed.
our own queen of HEARTS, Princess Diana liked neither Football nor singing.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
We all know about Diana eating disorders but
http://www.dianaforever.com/bulimia.htm

on her honeymoon, Diana raided the galley of the royal yacht, Britannia, for ice cream. At Windsor Castle, a footman caught her scarfing down an entire steak and kidney pie.
Any NSC'ers had them? Can anyone give any information about them from their own experiences with them?
I have been suffering from intermittent lower right abdominal pains both at the front and back of my body for a good week now although I did get 2 days without any pains (yesterday and the day before) which was great but then it hit back big style this morning at 1am. A and E thought it was just an infection and prescribed me antibiotics, the Dr isn't totally sure what it is although suggests it may be kidney stones.
Anyway I shall stop blabbing on and just ask you good folk for any info/help!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm going 1901 tomorrow and am thinking hard about my outfit. I might plump for my trusty Paul Smith tee with my raw denim Edwin jeans and Clarks Desert boots...but I bought this very limited edition Heritage Research modified parka about a year or two ago and haven't found an occasion to wear it yet - so it might get its first outing tomorrow. It is even lovelier in the flesh.

Look at it. Isn't it gorgeous?
Here, Buzzer draws attention to the brand of jeans he will be wearing for his first venture into the new 1901 lounge. It is a consideration our queen of hearts would definitely have approved of, being the queen of fashionistas herself. Here in this picture of her wearing a pair of expensive £700 jeans, she is caught thoughtfully considering the plight of some poor people (peasants) in Angola where minefields are prevalent.

di-mine2.gif

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Yes Hearts fans were singing even though they were thoroughly thrashed.
our own queen of HEARTS, Princess Diana liked neither Football nor singing.

Brilliantly tenuous link, although...

clough_diana.jpg
18210.jpg

(she did prefer rugby players though, apparently).

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Don't even get me started.....

Oh you have! It was WORSE than ever. I got in the car at 10.30 and the car didn't move until 11.30. Got back in Worthing after midnight. And tonight there wasn't even a steward in sight.

The whole thing is a complete joke. Not that I intend to but I would be totally embarrassed to take a corporate guest to that fiasco.

Here we see Giraffe having a moan about a car park (again:p)
Its easy to forget that our heroine, Lady Di, met her sad and untimely demise in a car, she was no stranger to parks either.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Another memorial concert for Diana is coming up soon, with lots of people that she used to really like: Elton John, Rod Stewart,Duran Duran. Her tastes always were middle-of-the-road. Of course, if she'd stuck to the middle of the road, there wouldn't be a concert. :(

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oooh, harsh. But true :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here