Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Current Bun Today

Rubbertoe

Aug 25, 2003
States that Leroy will be taking charge of Torquay for the last time today to fill the vacant hotseat at the Albion.

LEEEEEEEERRRROYYYYYYYY.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
It must be true if its in the Sun :

"LEROY ROSENIOR will take charge of Torquay today for the last time before becoming Brighton boss.

Rosenior had talks at the Withdean Stadium on Thursday — and is ready to fill the void left by Steve Coppell’s departure to Reading.

The former West Ham and Fulham striker has turned cash-strapped Torquay from Third Division strugglers into play-off challengers.

The Gulls just missed a top-six finish in Rosenior’s first term in charge at Plainmoor last season.

And he will be hoping to go out with a bang at Boston today.

Torquay chairman Mike Bateson said: “We have had an official approach from Brighton.

“It’s disappointing because we wanted a bit of continuity and Leroy has been doing a good job.

“He’s on a one-year rolling contract so we will seek compensation.”

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He would be a quality appointment and one that was strangely overlooked by just about everyone on this board.

Sitting Room Only

Jul 5, 2003
Somewhere off the M1
Never heard of him before a couple of days ago so doesn't sound like a quality appointment to me - How many times have YOU seen Torquay over the last couple of seasons exactly

bigfanofcullip

Aug 12, 2003
In Simster's defence you can't see every team more in the country (especialy if they don't play games on television or even in our division). All you can do is go by what their fans say and what you read. By all accounts Rosenior has got Torquay playing some amazing football this season and seems to be attracting a lot of interest. If the Torquay fans don't want him to go, he gets his team playing good football and he gets results then he's good enough for me.

For you to never have heard of him shows you might be the kind of fan who won't be happy unless we have a big name in charge. Big names don't guarantee success. I seem to remember a few people like you moaning when one Micky Adams was being linked with us a few years back.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sitting Room Only said:
Never heard of him before a couple of days ago so doesn't sound like a quality appointment to me - How many times have YOU seen Torquay over the last couple of seasons exactly

Oddly enough, I hadn't seen Palace many times but I managed to work out that Coppell was competent manager before he came here, you f***ing nob.

Rosenior has been getting decent reviews for 2 seasons now at Torquay. You obviously don't know your football.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Would still prefer McGhee. A manager with proven quality who will sod off when a better offer comes round is better than a manager of dubious distinction who will still sod off if he does well, but would leave you worse off than when he came if he doesn't.

However compared to Stuart Gray this is a masterstroke.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here