Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] The cryptocurrency (Bitcoin etc) thread

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
You don't need to look as far back as tulip mania. You just need to look as far back as dot.com mania. You getting rich depends entirely on you offloading your bagful of magic beans to some Greater Fool in exchange for real cash money. Same as it ever was :lolol:

Or paying you every time someone wants to use one of your magic beans.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Chiliz is an interesting one to look into and follow purely from a football/sports fan perspective.

Interestingly it's biggest partnerships were with teams involved in the ESL debacle. Do wonder had it happened what impact that would have had on its price.

Still is a coin with potential though.

I got some last week. The partnerships are interesting.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
What is the best / easiest / safest way to sell some BTC for GBP?

coinbase, crypto.com, binance, localbitcoins.

May require KYC (verification) not sure if Binance does with smaller transfers? the other 3 I'm sure will when you set up account.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
coinbase, crypto.com, binance, localbitcoins.

May require KYC (verification) not sure if Binance does with smaller transfers? the other 3 I'm sure will when you set up account.

That easy? Would I expect any fees to sell, or should be simple ?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Come buy my pretty tulips you SILLY silly buggers :lolol:

I cashed out my entire (pretty significant) initial investment going back to 2017 last weekend and now have a portfolio several times larger than that of pure profit. I can’t lose. If we get the pump people expect over the rest of this year will go up significantly more. If it doesn’t I’ve lost nothing.

Yep SILLY silly me.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
That easy? Would I expect any fees to sell, or should be simple ?

I have used all of those, I use coinbase most often, the rate will be almost spot rate (there is a 1.49% fee that is quoted up front and included in transaction).

Crypto.com can be done on your mobile, they claim its spot rate with no spread, fee i think is 1.6%.

localbitcoins wouldnt be any good as its peer to peer (you sell to a purchaser directly, and you'll have no history or reviews so nobody will trust you!).

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
I have used all of those, I use coinbase most often, the rate will be almost spot rate (there is a 1.49% fee that is quoted up front and included in transaction).

Crypto.com can be done on your mobile, they claim its spot rate with no spread, fee i think is 1.6%.

localbitcoins wouldnt be any good as its peer to peer (you sell to a purchaser directly, and you'll have no history or reviews so nobody will trust you!).

Has anyone else used Revolut? There’s only a small selection of cryptocurrencies available, but it’s very easy to buy and sell.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
This is what my portfolio looks like today. I could put up an argument for investing in 30-40 right now. I can explain what I am hoping to do with all of these but not explain why I think one in my portfolio is necessarily better than one I have overlooked. There is no right or wrong answer until after your race is run.

There has been some right rubbish attracting a lot of money in the past couple of weeks. If you put money into something with no utility, you may as well just back a random horse in a race, someone has to win. It is usually the bookies.

View attachment 136187

Certainly no expert, but how can you have a Crypto portfolio that doesn’t include BTC or ETH?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
it really dosent but you can go that route if you like, its no dofferent to the stock market, just more volatile currently.

It is quite different to the stock market though. With stocks you’re buying equity into a real company, a company that (if you’re doing it right) is a profitable business in one sector or another.

Crypto has no intrinsic value, it’s implied because the people have decided it’s worth and driven the price up.

Not dismissing it by the way. I think there’s huge potential in this asset class, but not like stocks.

Jovis

Mar 30, 2012
Has anyone else used Revolut? There’s only a small selection of cryptocurrencies available, but it’s very easy to buy and sell.

I do. I signed up mainly for the prepay card which is very convenient - or will be when we can travel. Like you say, the crypto currency choice is limited but it’s very easy to buy crypto and commodities. I’m sure there are better platforms but I’ve enjoyed it as a way of dipping my toe in the water.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Bitcoin price

Today I got some PPT and went back in on LTC.

PPT flying! [emoji2956]

66fef41695559c20269ef7b0e3961407.jpg

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Expecting the start of more bitcoin volatility today. It really needs to get above $57k or could have just had a dead cat bounce and see another leg down to that $42k area.

Let’s see.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Certainly no expert, but how can you have a Crypto portfolio that doesn’t include BTC or ETH?

I am anticipating Bitcoin going generally sideways over the next couple of months. Eth prospects still looking good, but I think there may be richer pickings elsewhere. As I said there are no right or wrong answers and I would be really worried if everyone agreed on this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here