Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Crumbles retail park is on fire

1066gull

Started around 11

Started in Boots back office and quickly spread to Next, Sports Direct and now Matalan

Use #eastbourne hashtag and for more info on twitter

Its a disaster for the south east. Hastings pier, now the busiest retail park in the area next to Pembury and Hollingbury

Ravenside will be gridlocked after this

Last edited:

1066gull

x2_3b82b17

1066gull

Its in Pevensey to anyone unfamilar with Eastbourne/East Sussex side

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Long shot, but do you know any of the night shift crew? Probably all changed since 2000, though!

Did know a few, but I only started when I left school in '08 so probably all changed. Only a seasonal worker as well now because I'm at university.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Did know a few, but I only started when I left school in '08 so probably all changed. Only a seasonal worker as well now because I'm at university.

Fair play. I'm crap with names, but there was a brummie fella and one guy with a hand which was missing a few fingers. Ring any bells? Probably not. :D

saslowi

Feb 2, 2009
Eastbourne shops damaged by retail park fire
The fire started at the rear of the Boots store at Crumbles Retail Park Three shops at a retail park in Eastbourne have been damaged by a fire which broke out at the back of Boots.

More than 80 firefighters were at the Crumbles Retail Park, Sovereign Harbour, at the height of the blaze, which started at 2030 GMT on Saturday.

East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service (ESFRS) said crews arrived to find the fire had spread into the Boots store.

Shoppers and staff were evacuated from the store, which was open, but there were no reports of injuries.

Firefighters managed to stop the blaze spreading to adjoining shops, but two neighbouring stores were damaged by smoke.

An ESFRS spokesman said the retail park was open on Sunday, but parking would be restricted while crews remained on the scene to damp down the fire and monitor hot spots.

The cause of the fire is being investigated.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I've dug out some old blankets and spent the morning making up food parcels.

What time is Helen Mirren making the TV aid appeal?

Mirren, pah I expect the A team - Geldolf

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Twitter/Facebook = Modern Day Chinese whispers

Last night there were rumours flying round at about eleven pm onwards that the whole of crumbles was ablaze when its transpires that it was just Boots that copped it with some smoke damage to Next and the sports store.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I've dug out some old blankets and spent the morning making up food parcels.

What time is Helen Mirren making the TV aid appeal?

:lolol:

I don't know but apparently Boy George, Midge Ure, Status Quo and the cast of Hollyoaks have already booked the recording studio for the charity single.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here