Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1364533544169660416[/TWEET]

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Data update :

Infections - 9,938, rolling 7 day down 14.7%
Deaths - 442, rolling 7 day down 31% (highest the rolling 7 day drop has been)
Admissions - 1,327, rolling 7 day down 20.6%
Vaccs - first jabs 326k, second jabs 26k (highest so far by far). Total first jabs 18.24 million

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
[TWEET]1364533544169660416[/TWEET]

My granddaughter, who has learning difficulties, was vaccinated 2 weeks ago.

She has shielded with us since last March as she has no understanding of even the most basic hand - face - space message, never mind the more nuanced stay alert tripe.

I’m glad, for the million or so affected sense has been seen, eventually. Special thanks to Mencap and the likes of Jo Whiley for speaking out.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
To launch this back to the top. CMOs are suggesting Covid threat level should be reduced from 5 to 4 as NHS no longer in danger of being overwhelmed within 21 days

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Daily data update :

Infections - 9.985, rolling 7 day down 15.7%
Deaths - 323, rolling 7 day down 30.4%
Admissions - 1,142, rolling 7 day down 20.2%
Vaccinations - 1st jabs 448k, 2nd jabs 31.6k

Couple of observations :

-death number is showing the steepest rolling 7 day fall (kind of expected given the previous decline in infections and then admissions, but the now sustained-looking 30% of so 7 day average is great news)
-the admissions number just keeps steadily falling, and it's supported by the number in hospital declining even faster (recognising some of that number will sadly be deaths of course). This also backs up [MENTION=27239]atomised[/MENTION] post above re the current capacity in the NHS. The number in hospital with Covid is now 16k - at the peak it was almost to 40k.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Big number of vaccinations there. Best part of half a million. I wonder if the supply is back to normal?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Big number of vaccinations there. Best part of half a million. I wonder if the supply is back to normal?

Dunno - good to see though. I don't focus much on individual daily numbers as they are a bit erratic.................suspect collation of the reporting isn't as efficient as the actual jabbing

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
My 85 year old housebound dad who was due to have his tomorrow but has now been called to say this has been delayed due to 'supply' issues. Ironically I'm in my early 60's and got mine last week! Hopefully they'll get out to him in the next few weeks. He's really laid back about it saying they are many people more deserving than him, but for me as his son I do worry a bit.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Just booked my jab for Saturday but they only had 3-4pm. Decided 3.50 should mean I only miss half time :)

Seeing where you live hopefully it’s a small venue with little waiting. The mass jab centres give you an arrival / join the queue time (but call it appointment time)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
UK Covid alert level officially reduced

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56200738

The UK's coronavirus alert level has been lowered from level five to four in all four nations as the risk that the NHS could be overwhelmed "has receded".
The four UK chief medical officers and NHS England's national medical director agreed the change following advice from the Joint Biosecurity Centre.
The alert level had moved to level five on 4 January, shortly before England and Scotland began fresh lockdowns.
The top medics urged people to "remain vigilant" by following lockdown rules.
A change in the alert level does not automatically mean restrictions can ease, but it helps to inform government decisions on the rules.
Prime Minister Boris Johnson and Scotland's First Minister Nicola Sturgeon have this week set out their separate plans to lift lockdown restrictions. Northern Ireland and Wales will outline their plans in the coming weeks.
How does the Covid alert level system work?
When and how will lockdown end?
England's Prof Chris Whitty, Northern Ireland's Dr Michael McBride, Scotland's Dr Gregor Smith, Wales's Dr Frank Atherton and NHS England's Prof Stephen Powis said their decision to reduce the alert level was made because the number of cases in hospital was "consistently declining".
However, they warned: "We should be under no illusions - transmission rates, hospital pressures and deaths are still very high."
They said the vaccine rollout would eventually have "a major impact" but for the time being "it is really important that we all - vaccinated or not - remain vigilant and continue to follow the guidelines".
Prof Whitty added in a tweet: "If we continue to follow the guidance, cases will continue to fall."
A further 9,985 new coronavirus cases were reported in the UK in Thursday's daily figures, as well as 323 deaths within 28 days of a positive Covid test.
The coronavirus alert level, unveiled by the UK government in May 2020, is measured by a five-level, colour-coded system.
Level five (red), the highest level, is when there is a "material risk of healthcare services being overwhelmed" within 21 days, and extremely strict social distancing is enforced.
Level four indicates a high or rising level of transmission, with social distancing still enforced.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here