Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
122,000 daily tests and growing fast, what a fantastic effort by countless individuals and state/private organisations.

The premier global authority on virology, hack Sam Coates from Sky, in his loaded scattergun of questions seems peeved that the target was met. No doubt wanting home and satellite testing as not counting.

Followed by a question from another "journalist" asking if people can go on family holidays later in the summer! But this is derailing the thread somewhat.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Yes, what a fantastic effort from all involved, including the inspirational Matt Hancock who was prepared to make it happen and shut the negative, anti-government gang and journalist up AGAIN.

Just like this government did with getting Brexit done in a time when everyone outside of the government said it could not happen.

This government 'gets stuff done' they work hard and together it's over to the negative scapegoating vultures to shut the feck up and get behind the government now.

Really hope that this (and any) Government continues to get things done, as long as it ditches the political dogma surrounding austerity and the EU. Boris appears not to be keen on Austerity II

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Yes, what a fantastic effort from all involved, including the inspirational Matt Hancock who was prepared to make it happen and shut the negative, anti-government gang and journalist up AGAIN.

Just like this government did with getting Brexit done in a time when everyone outside of the government said it could not happen.

This government 'gets stuff done' they work hard and together it's over to the negative scapegoating vultures to shut the feck up and get behind the government now.

FFS. I have contributed to this important (in many different ways) thread in good faith and refrained from political comment.

If others cannot do the same, and are allowed to get away with it, what's the point?

D

Deleted member 2719

122,000 daily tests and growing fast, what a fantastic effort by countless individuals and state/private organisations.

The premier global authority on virology, hack Sam Coates from Sky, in his loaded scattergun of questions seems peeved that the target was met. No doubt wanting home and satellite testing as not counting.

Exceeding a tough tough target by 22% is a great achievement I wonder whether the blood sniffing journalist will properly acknowledge that.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Followed by a question from another "journalist" asking if people can go on family holidays later in the summer! But this is derailing the thread somewhat.

On a relative positive, Sky’s ever miserable duo of Rigby & Coates, make the rest of these briefings appear far more productive with some intelligent questioning of the scientists.

D

Deleted member 2719

FFS. I have contributed to this important (in many different ways) thread in good faith and refrained from political comment.

If others cannot do the same, and are allowed to get away with it, what's the point?

Apologies If it has upset you, I was stating the covid good news, but with the negative vibe being constantly spouted on NSC, it had to be said.

It's time to get on and back Britain whether your a tory or not.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Apologies If it has upset you, I was stating the covid good news, but with the negative vibe being constantly spouted on NSC, it had to be said.

I know you’re probably on a wind-up, but please leave Brexit out of this particular thread.

Remainers or Corbynistas are required to comply too.

stingray

Jan 23, 2018
Getting Royal Mail or Amazon to put something in the post is categorically different to a laboratory carrying out an actual test.

stingray

Jan 23, 2018

a test is not a test until the result can be recorded

D

Deleted member 2719

I know you’re probably on a wind-up, but please leave Brexit out of this particular thread.

Remainers or Corbynistas are required to comply too.

I actually wasn't on a wind up!!

It really was to state that maybe a lot of people who have constantly put Boris and co down that just perhaps they deserve some backing some, and perhaps they have underestimated these cabinet ministers.

Please bear in mind that I am only trying to defend the action that they have achieved so far, if Corbyn had achieved against my expectation I would have acknowledged it.

So back on topic.

Isn't it great news that we are growing testing exponentially though?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
My plumbing mate got tested at the stadium yesterday after coming down with symptoms. Gets results tomorrow

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 2719

months late.

With 27,000 people dead , compared to 7000 in Germany ,

No one is happy with that.

This is the good news thread and I won't debate the reasons here, there are many factors involved,
even the germans have said they were lucky.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
My plumbing mate got tested at the stadium yesterday after coming down with symptoms. Gets results tomorrow

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Plumbers more than anyone should know about being 2 meters apart

71E7153F-8A86-488A-84E4-1F26DAE6ABCD.jpeg

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It's like I never typed anything :wozza:

Mouldy - stick to the brief please. You can spin it as much as you like elsewhere.

stingray is thread banned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here