Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
...and that's more than £3m done now :bowdown:

Going up at an astronomical rate now, tell everyone, get all your mates and relations to donate it is for a really worthwhile cause, The NHS and it will make the Captain so happy.....his original target was £1000 What a way to celebrate your 100th birthday :clap::clap:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Around £3.4million now. Genuinely incredible.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Amazing public reaction,but when hear stories of so called celebrities crying because they can't go out due to the lockdown,Captain Tom or maybe just plain Mr Tom has got the whole country behind him and I am probably like few have a tear in my eye when I read and listen to Captain Tom.

...Whilst not quite in the same league as Captain Tom congratulations to Goldstone Gaz for his fine effort. Not sure how to embed a tweet so this will have to do.

Garry Nelson
@Nelse61
·3h
#Nelseskeepyupchallenge - the moment you’ve smashed your target of to achieve a 1️⃣6️⃣2️⃣ but most importantly raise over £4,100 for our marvellous, inspirational #NHS thank you to them and to all of you! Feeling the love!

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
...Whilst not quite in the same league as Captain Tom congratulations to Goldstone Gaz for his fine effort. Not sure how to embed a tweet so this will have to do.

Garry Nelson
@Nelse61
·3h
#Nelseskeepyupchallenge - the moment you’ve smashed your target of �� to achieve a 1️⃣6️⃣2️⃣ but most importantly raise over £4,100 for our marvellous, inspirational #NHS thank you to them and to all of you! Feeling the love!

Yes,well done and to all those people who are trying and are making a difference,Thank-You.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003

Fair play to the old fella. After he's given the £1K to charity he's going to be minted.

You old cynic you :) Not sure if the figure includes gift aid where applicable, if not that is another hefty chunk to add.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You old cynic you :) Not sure if the figure includes gift aid where applicable, if not that is another hefty chunk to add.

It doesn't - GA adds just over £1m currently (it's on his JG web page, near the foot of the page)

He's been on the TV again this morning so the total is steaming ahead...................

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Coronavirus Bad News Thread.

My neighbours child has got a kazoo.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Prof Sikora’a team at Rutherford appear to have a working antibody test. He is in touch with the Government minister in charge of testing.

[TWEET]1250324234963800068[/TWEET]

[TWEET]1250330861368512515[/TWEET]

My understanding is that these tests were ordered from South Korea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here