Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Spring watch is back......not in its normal format but not that good bad either...nice to see a live tv show that isn’t news based ....my favourite time of year ...Spring to me represents Beauty, colour, new life, a fresh start something that right now is welcome to us all
As an added bonus episode one (on IPlayer) has beaver and Michaela Strachans best bits :moo:

Is it still like Big Brother:

'Day 14 2am, and Hector the badger is having a poo in the geraniums'

D

Deleted member 2719

The testing has hit another landmark, over 4 million now and going up.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Last week Monday-Friday announced deaths - 1751
This week Monday-Friday announced deaths - 1377

Obviously no deaths are good and every death is sad but the trend is continuing downwards by 30% or so each week.

Total cases Monday-Friday last week - 12539
Total cases Monday Friday this week - 9559

Again trending downwards, all good signs.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage

Obviously no deaths are good and every death is sad but the trend is continuing downwards by 30% or so each week.

Is this Just England or the uk as a whole ?
Really great news to see the figures dropping like they are, let’s hope the trend continues.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Is this Just England or the uk as a whole ?
Really great news to see the figures dropping like they are, let’s hope the trend continues.

This is U.K. wide :) To put this into perspective we had about 30000 infections a week at peak, with much lower testing capacity and the worst week for deaths was unfortunately over 5000 (using Monday to Friday)

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Do you read the replies?
Some :facepalm:

Unfortunately he’s become a target to the pond life P**rs Morgan sheep brigade on Twitter, simply for not posting constant negative and turgid news, some of his stuff is a little over top but he’s clearly a good man and he’s helping a lot of people with his positive news amongst a sea of sh*t

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Unfortunately he’s become a target to the pond life P**rs Morgan sheep brigade on Twitter, simply for not posting constant negative and turgid news, some of his stuff is a little over top but he’s clearly a good man and he’s helping a lot of people with his positive news amongst a sea of sh*t

Aye....I’ve followed him since the start of this crisis and found him interesting ...I’ve seen that PM replies to him quite often with his usual stuff ..now theirs a guy with zero credibility....anyway ..i best shh as I’m wandering off piste

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
This reminds me of the film Inception. The idea has been planted that we all need to isolate otherwise 500000 people will die. I think people are struggling to let go of that.

Fantastic film that, but yeah a lot of people seem to think you literally can’t leave your house without catching it and perishing which is just farcical but also brought on by all the fear inducing media, made my weekly trip to asda today and it felt the most normal it’s felt since the start of all this, which was quite nice, everyone still following the rules but people didn’t look scared of their own shadows for once!

When you consider there was 18 confirmed cases in Brighton last week, which is roughly a 1/16500 infection rate you realise, of course we should all be careful but there is a balance to find between being totally frozen by fear and normal life.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
This is U.K. wide :) To put this into perspective we had about 30000 infections a week at peak

The country has about 8,000 infections a day at the moment without counting care home ones.

On the Sikora stuff above: few are casting aspersions on whether he's a good man. But again, these are dubious predictions from someone who opposed a public NHS relatively recently. Other sources of positivity are available.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
The country has about 8,000 infections a day at the moment without counting care home ones.

On the Sikora stuff above: few are casting aspersions on whether he's a good man. But again, these are dubious predictions from someone who opposed a public NHS relatively recently. Other sources of positivity are available.

I’m talking about actual infections, if you go down that route we had 6k positive tests from 13k people tested at one point so I dread to think how many infections there were at the peak in late March/early April.

Sikora has been a saviour to many throughout this, and that is a good thing. His past views on the NHS aren’t anything to do with it, I disagree with you by the way his main platform is twitter and twitter is full of horrendous negative things almost 24/7

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville

Flattening the curve was the aim - well, after herd immunity, anyway - and that seems to have happened, but it's surely all about the risk of a second surge. Isn't there still a large percentage of the population that could potentially be affected, even discounting the possibility that people can get the virus more than once?

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Where are you getting 8,000 from ? There were 2,095 positive tests on Thursday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here