Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The corners or the East?

cookie63

Feb 25, 2012
Does anyone know what works being done first? The corners would make it look better surely?

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
I suspect they'll do whatever is most appropriate from a practical and engineering perspective, not on aesthetics (why, won't be playing until both corners and ESU are done anyway).

cookie63

Feb 25, 2012
I suspect they'll do whatever is most appropriate from a practical and engineering perspective, not on aesthetics (why, won't be playing until both corners and ESU are done anyway).

I wasn't sure if they were all being done before the start of the season..Arent some being done later?

D

Deleted member 18477

phase 1... ESU and south corners.

phase 2...(next year) north corners.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
Actually, they mentioned most some seats will be done by December.

I would guess that for the opening of the season we will have ESU and South East corner and "maybe" South West corner (depending, I assume, on the upper/mid tier in the SW corner.

I wonder if they will do anything with the North corners this year (in preparation for 2013). I assume it's only a timing (not enough time) thing that means the North corners aren't being done over summmer?

cookie63

Feb 25, 2012
And didn't Gus want the away fans moved to the East too?

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Does this work include the new corporate boxes above the South Stand seats?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Does this work include the new corporate boxes above the South Stand seats?

Yes but not sure if they will be finished in December rather than start of season

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
This summer is East Stand Upper plus the south east and south west lower corners
December is the "wrap round" in the upper south corners
Next summer will be the north stand corners at ground level plus an upper level wrap round in the north west corner.

From memory there is upper level work to do at the of the south stand end to include sponsors' hospitality, players' lounge etc and I'm guessing that is part of next summer's planned work but I'm not sure.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
This summer is East Stand Upper plus the south east and south west lower corners
December is the "wrap round" in the upper south corners
Next summer will be the north stand corners at ground level plus an upper level wrap round in the north west corner.

From memory there is upper level work to do at the of the south stand end to include sponsors' hospitality, players' lounge etc and I'm guessing that is part of next summer's planned work but I'm not sure.

Thanks, helpful. I'd have thought it would have been a whole lot cheaper and simpler to get it all done in one go rather than having to being contractors and eqpt back again .... even if they kept them empty for a while if there are planning issues

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I'm guessing the issue is time.
While work is going on there would be no access to east lower or to the south stand so even if the work could be scheduled into this summer, any over-run at all would mean a massive problem. You could either schedule in an over run and ask for league permission to play so many games away from home at the start (given our away form this season that is potentially giving everyone else a head start) or you could assume all will go to time then end up in the same situation but with massive fines from the league. Getting different contractors in as well as Buckingham probably isn't viable so much safer to stage the work

edit: actually, following my own argument - maybe the behind the south stand lounges will be the pre-Christmas bit as much of it can be done safely during the season - that would mean the upper level wrap-rounds probably all being next summer if the numbers Perry gave yesterday are to make sense.

NOW I'M REALLY CONFUSED!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here