Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Comments Under This Argus Story

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I disagree with these charity holiday events. Its basically using a charity to get people to give a person enough money to pay for a once in a lifetime trip.

If the full cost is coming our of the fundraisers own pocket then fair enough, BUT I have seen quite a few times where people have to raise x amount to cover the trip and the excess goes to the charity and that x amount comes out of fundraising events where people are not aware that they are give money to fund a holiday and not to the charity.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
That being said I would like to go and help build that community center for one-armed, lesbian, single-mother muslims in the Armenian Rainforest - sounds an interesting project

There are some I agree with, and some not. For instance, a couple of years ago my nephew went to work at a school and community centre in Africa - I forget which country it was. He had to raise quite a bit of money in order to go, and it is true that he enjoyed his time there. However, he worked very hard while he was there, and the effort that he put in was probably worth far more than the amount of hard cash that was actually donated to the project from the money he raised. I can support that sort of charity event. However, the sort of event described in this article, where the people are clearly just having a fun time, is totally different, and they would not get money from me for it.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Anyone else notice the typo in the caption under the pic *snigger*

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Very entertaining read. Now if they were going to dance up Everest then that's got to be worth 50p towards the fight against feminine warts.

Imagine if you were lying horribly wounded in a field hospital and that dopey tart turned up with her womens collective dance therapy entourage.

I bet she has a ST in the East Stand. It's full of oxygen thieves like her.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Warts. A trip up Everest would be good for freezing them off.

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
There are some I agree with, and some not. For instance, a couple of years ago my nephew went to work at a school and community centre in Africa - I forget which country it was. He had to raise quite a bit of money in order to go, and it is true that he enjoyed his time there. However, he worked very hard while he was there, and the effort that he put in was probably worth far more than the amount of hard cash that was actually donated to the project from the money he raised. I can support that sort of charity event. However, the sort of event described in this article, where the people are clearly just having a fun time, is totally different, and they would not get money from me for it.

This. My 71 year old gran helps Indian kids in poverty through a Christian based charity for over 7 years she sent them gifts,blankets,toys and food. She also raised awareness through her church and online. Then her chance came she was offered a place on a mission, the flights cost £750 which the charity said if she raised £3000 they would pay.

She went on the trip in the end she raised £7212 pounds. She met the kids that she had spoken to for the past 7 years. She was there for 3 weeks and had the best time.

There are some charity events where it is ok to have the trip paid for but you need to have done selfless amounts of work for that charity before you go on these amazing trips.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I wanted to spend a whole summer in Scandinavia saving sinful women a few years back but these schemes never existed so I had to pay my own way and you never heard me grumble

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
i think you have hit the nail on the head

is the £2000 raised whats left after flights and nice hotels?

£10,000 all-in for the flights/hotels/tiffin/booze/The North Face clothing/boots/sherpa hire is nothing when you're raising £2,000 for charity. Argus editor we salute you for your entirely selfless act on behalf of your chosen cause.

:thumbsup:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
i tried to think of a funny retort

but to be honest this is bullshit bordering on taking the piss with a smidgen of f*** you .....you stupid gullible pricks

and people are falling for it daily(one would hope most of these gullibles live in caravans and cheat at soccerball) but i think the disease has spread post chav

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here