Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

the comedy Own Goal

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Woeful defending for the second. Hinsh does a shite clearance, then chases the ball leaving his man too score, whilst everyone else ball watches.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
A great finish by Hinshelwood to be fair.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
oh my f***ing GOD Hinsh you buffoon! Whats the FIRST thing you learn when making backpasses to the 'keeper? NEVER pass directly at the goal.....what a twat!

edit: its not as if he hit it softly either!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Why was he even involved ?

Why come across from centre and not leave it to the left back Richards who appeared to have the "danger" such as it was covered ?

Why hit it so f***ing hard ?

Why not actually look up and see where Sullivan was ?

Knob.

*of course I've never ever made a mistake playing football in my life*

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
if micky ever needs a few new defenders he needs not look any further than in here,as you lot are so obviously so much better than what he has. :nono:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think even a park footballer would be embarassed at that. In fact I doubt a park footballer would make such a mistake.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Keeper was at fault for both really, badly positioned for the first, and he went down too early for the second.

Keeper was at fault ........ he went down too early for the second.

Nothing to do with the fact that Elphick turned slower than a centurian tank, before TIPTOE-ING VERY SLOWLY towards the striker who had got behind him with the ball, so he could ADMIRE the clinical finish past an exposed keeper.

Defenders should be desperate to prevent opposing players even getting the ball off their own toe.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Keeper was at fault for both really, badly positioned for the first, and he went down too early for the second.

I would agree with the first. You can't dispute that Hinsh's f*** up was a shocking mistake but Sullivan was MILES out of his goal to the extent that he had no hope whatsoever of retrieving the situation.

I actually thought the second was a well worked move once we stupidly lost possession in such a dangerous area of the pitch. The ball arrowed into the corner so the keeper is surely blameless there.

Lord Large

Keeping the faith
Aug 6, 2008
Out on the floor

What a load of rubbish. He had opened up his angle to Hinsh could pass the ball to Sullivan's stronger right foot for the first goal. It wasn't Sullivan's fault Hinsh decided to bang it into the net.

If anything, Hinsh was at fault for both. Terrible own goal and awful clearance for the second.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Hawkins bullet header was a more clinical finish IMHO :lol:

I dont want to take any of the gloss off of Hinsh's effort but Hawkins' was better. He had to really work his body to get down so low and head it past Sullivan. It was a difficult execution but he pulled it off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here