Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Cold....

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
So whats the temperature for everyone today?

cold1.jpg

A brisk -41C this early AM here :banana:

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
It's quite warm here at 6C. I do think i prefer our mild wet winters than your rediculously cold snowy winters though mate.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Just out of interest Mr Peever, do you feel that you spend a huge amount of your income on the energy costs for your home heating when you live with those sort of temperatures.
Wrapped up in those big fur coats in your log cabins, you are probably so well insulated the only heating you need is the wood burning stove in the corner. Probably.

lumberjack.jpg

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
So whats the temperature for everyone today?

cold1.jpg

A brisk -41C this early AM here :banana:

Braver than me, f@@k that for game of soldiers. It's about 21 degrees on my train and I've still got me coat on.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
It's quite warm here at 6C. I do think i prefer our mild wet winters than your rediculously cold snowy winters though mate.
Its would be a switch for you pipkin thats for sure. To be honest most our winter is not THIS cold. We generally get 2-3 weeks sometimes upwards of 4-5 of this type of -40 to -50 cold. Otherwise its generally alot more bearable. By the start of next week it will be upwards of -7 which is very mild this time of year.

Just out of interest Mr Peever, do you feel that you spend a huge amount of your income on the energy costs for your home heating when you live with those sort of temperatures.
Wrapped up in those big fur coats in your log cabins, you are probably so well insulated the only heating you need is the wood burning stove in the corner. Probably.

lumberjack.jpg

Well I am lucky to have lanlords that charge me a flat rate for my rent and it covers all my costs (Electrical, Water, Cable, Internet, Heat, AC). But yes a fair amount gets spent on keeping the house warm in the winter, but then come summer we spent a bit to keep it chilly as it gets upwards of +35C here. We have very strange weather in Canada as I have been in +48C weather and -54C weather in the same city in the same year....

Worst case we just put a little extra tar between the logs and fill in the corners better :D

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Just to cheer you up, a bloke from Durban just wandered in the shop complaining that it is "a bit fresh up here". Well it is only 27 degrees.

Sounds about right. I have a good mate of mine who lives in George and he complains when it gets below 25C! Where as me the limit of my comfort heat wise is about 25C :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here