• fans

Votes: 28 47.5%
  • dick

Votes: 31 52.5%

• Total voters

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
DK's the man but i can't help feeling that BHA is a far more attractive option for your average billionaire than Chelsea.SO WHY AREN'T THE BENEFACTORS QUEUING UP?

rool

Jul 10, 2003
here's my view, if you care for it.

1. DK is an honest and decent person and will do everything in his power to do the right thing for the albion. He didn't save the club himself and he didn't win two championships by himself but he was the leader of the club and should take the credit attached to those achievements.

2. I personally believe that DK goes a bit quiet when the going gets tough, which is when most fans want some comforting words. Compare that to when you can't get his face off local media when things are going well.

3. I believe the fans are fed too much spin about the 'actual' budget for players when it comes to ticket renewals and the price increase of the tickets. It is my belief that this is the cause of most unrest amongst supporters, the ones I know anyway.

4. It is my belief that it is down to DK's lack of skills that we find ourselves back in division two. It appears he lied to Peter Taylor about the budget and then took far too long to find a replacement during the preseason. He also went on holiday when so much work needed to be done. Anyone in business knows that is a big no no. We all know what the result of that pre season was and how that decision got us into an almost irrecoverable position. It's fair to say that if he takes the lion share of credit for getting us to Brighton and 2 championships that he takes the flak for this. That said everyone makes mistakes and all you can hope is that people learn from them but it was a very costly mistake when you take this season into account and who we lost as a result.

5. I am yet to be convinced that DK is the man for a Brighton in Div 1 and above. I don't think he has the skills, contacts or clout for it. I also think he has the wrong people around him in thre club who are not skilled enough to sell this club to potential sponsors and advertisers. He rewards loyalty too easily and we have had to bear the cost of that in a few cases where it wasn't warranted.

6. There is no way DK is in the club for any personal gain whatsoever and that any mistakes made have been honest ones where he has felt he was doing the right thing at the right time.

All of the above is just my opinion

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
DTES said:
Berkshire, I'll argue with you happily when you clarify which point you're arguing.

ONCE AND FOR ALL: IS IT A OR B??

a) Dick is making a mint, and laughing at us all. or

b) Dick isn't big enough, and doesn't have the money to take us forward.

IT CAN'T BE BOTH

IT CAN BE BOTH

E.G Archer put little in but got lots out

Depends how you define "a mint" For example lets say DK has put a million in, well he may get 2 million, but 2 mill is not enough to take us fwd, do you get my drift?

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Safeway said:
Lack. Of. Ground. Would you invest in a business where the first thing you were asked for was a share of £40m to build a stadium that you would see no return on?

Imagination.involved.with.building.something.from.conception.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Oh very good Dwayne, genuine sarcasm with a touch of irony.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
The Large One said:
Berkshire's quote
The future is bleak as long as dick is in control.
The club has massive potential and that won't be achieved full stop as mr knight just isn't big enough to run a club of this size.

Mr knight would fair well in div 3 although a potless chairman isn't any good for any club is it.
You believe in what you believe and thats fair enough,but i feel the fans have suffered far to long and get ripped off and messed about by his many little fu-ck ups i.e shirts,tickets,managers,players and so on.

You wait once falmer is buzzing with big crowds and big exspectations he won't know whats hit him im telling ya.
He may look and think im a massive hero and look what i have done to bha,but thats not how i see it as the club is only alive because the fans are forking out shite-loads to try and keep the club running.

Dick knows he is in the shite and fans will start to realise that in good time when the club run back into a big debt and after all the high ticket prices and money spent by fans it will be thrown back in there face and the light will shine at long last.

What the f*** was that?

I gave this f***ing retard every opportunity to state what he thought the best route the club should take, and how it should do it. All we have had is brainless rants and abuse. He doesn't have a clue.

He won't accept a fact, mainly because he is frightened and alone. Berkshire - you are not a fan, you have no right to complain.

It's not Dick Knight laughing at him - it's everyone else.
Me frightened and alone:lolol: :lolol: get a grip you over weight lump of crap.:drink:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
DTES said:
Berkshire, I'll argue with you happily when you clarify which point you're arguing.

ONCE AND FOR ALL: IS IT A OR B??

a) Dick is making a mint, and laughing at us all. or

b) Dick isn't big enough, and doesn't have the money to take us forward.

IT CAN'T BE BOTH
My point is clearly b,but lets face it anyone against that bearded twat knight gets greif.:drink:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The clubs saviour?

NMH said:
Soon would be good, and your pretensions of bottle don't impress me sunshine, just like your pretensions to know wtf you are talking about.
I have never bottled anything in my life and never will and would rather die,so keep it to pm's for know.:smokin:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
You don't seem to have a lot of people agreeing with you Berks, any idea why ?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Of course they give you grief because the logic is even more warped than bloody Danny Seagull's! You love it to. You're posting because you want grief. Weirdo!

Last edited:

The Albion's situation is unique.

We lost our ground. We nearly lost our Club.

DK saved us from extinction and set about repairing the damage. That means getting a ground back. His plan also includes ensuring that no-one can ever again do what Archer and Stanley did to us.

The ground we will get will be a community asset, not the property of the football club's owners. It therefore won't be an attractive proposition for any wealthy business person who might want to "get a return on his investment".

Once the stadium is built, the football club itself might just become an attractive opportunity - because a successful football club can generate income which might exceed its running costs.

But until the stadium is built, it isn't possible to reach that position - because the running costs at Withdean will always be higher than the income. Any windfall profits (like the fees received from selling players) will always have to go towards funding the Stadium project (not the building of it, but the millions that the planning application and design work have cost).

So there is no potential financial return that can attract business money in at the moment.

Once approval for the Stadium is achieved, it will attract funding from finance houses who are content with a long-term project that will repay a loan over many years. The Stadium will also attract grants from funding bodies like the South East England Development Agency (whose job is spending government money on suitable regeneration projects). But the Stadium itself will NEVER be a cash cow for someone like Archer.

This is a long-term rescue package. And Dick Knight worked it all out - because he is a fan of the Albion with just enough cash to set the process going and see it through to Falmer.

What happens when we get there is anyone's guess. DK would be the first to admit that his pockets aren't deep enough to buy Ruud van Nistelrooy. But I wouldn't rule out someone with a deal of cash being interested in coming in - provided they realise that the Stadium won't belong to them.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
My Lord.

I fear you are wasting your time with your words of wisdom. Berkshire doesn't understand logic - as I said earlier, he is basically frightened and alone. He won't even approach Dick Knight and ask him about it, in order to deliver him his visionary ideas for the future of the club - which, unfortunately, says a lot about him.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
very funny

I think you know what I meant and I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on thst one :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here