Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The clubs last chance to help create an atmosphere.

WHEN THE NORTH CORNERS ARE FILLED IN THE MUST BE DESIGNATED SINGING/YOUNG PEOPLES SECTION,THE MAIN REASON PEOPLE DON'T SING IS THEY ARE NEXT TO NON SINGERS,WE HAVE PLENTY OF TEENAGE POTENTIAL SINGERS SCATTERED AROUND THE GROUND,WE COULD MAKE IT 14-18 AGE GROUP WITH DISCOUNT IF SEASON TICKETS ARE PURCHASED IN GROUPS,ONCE WE HAVE SOLD THESE SEATS TO THE STIFFS WE WILL HAVE NO MORE OPPORTUNITIES TO HELP CRANK UP THE NOISE :moo:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Can't see that happening. Imagine trying to shift all the relevant people about. It'll be first come first served with those tickets.

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
I think the club did all it could to create an atmosphere when matches were moved from an open 8000 capacity athletics track to a state of the art near 30000 covered stadium.

Why are people so obsessed with the atmosphere? It creates itself and should be spontaneous. We have 'fan zone' to appease the youngsters, what more do you want, goal music?

i think the club did all it could to create an atmosphere when matches were moved from an open 8000 capacity athletics track to a state of the art near 30000 covered stadium.

Why are people so obsessed with the atmosphere? It creates itself and should be spontaneous. We have 'fan zone' to appease the youngsters, what more do you want, goal music?

my teenage boys cringe at the fans zone,i think you don't really understand that its aimed at a 5-12 age range:facepalm: IT WAS SPONTANEOUS IN A TERRACED STADIUM BECAUSE AS A TEENAGER YOU MOVED TOWARDS THE THRONG,BUT WITH ALL THE SEASON TICKETS SOLD PEOPLE ARE STUCK IN GRAVEYARD AREAS OF THE GROUND???

TKC

Jun 16, 2011
The whole north stand was supposed to be singing I thought! Anyway, I've got a much better idea. Why don't the singers more to the south stand? That way they're behind the goal and right next to the away fans. Sorry if this has been said before but I think it's a great idea!

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
I think the club did all they could in terms of creating an atmosphere when telling supporters before ST went on sale for last season, saying what we could expect from each stand. It would be very difficult getting every 'singer' next to each other. For instance, you may have people that don't sing themselves but enjoy being in an area surrounded by singers if you get what I mean

You'll only get the perfect "atmosphere" if everyone in the stadium can hear everyone else.

The FACT is:- the acoustics are ensuring that the sound doesn't travel. It mainly reflects downwards, back to where it started. North Stand singers sound great in the North Stand, for example - but the noise doesn't (and won't) get heard in the South Stand, or at the far ends of the East or West Stands.

No amount of packing extra singers into a section of the ground will change this. It's how the stadium has been designed.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
For an all seater stadium the atmosphere is good

Next people will say it should be hostile where now it is friendly and welcoming

Maybe we should have a fighting area

Last edited:

you'll only get the perfect "atmosphere" if everyone in the stadium can hear everyone else.

The fact is:- the acoustics are ensuring that the sound doesn't travel. It mainly reflects downwards, back to where it started. North stand singers sound great in the north stand, for example - but the noise doesn't (and won't) get heard in the south stand, or at the far ends of the east or west stands.

No amount of packing extra singers into a section of the ground will change this. It's how the stadium has been designed.

But the people packed in the singing section will have a great time,it i had to spend my teenage years stuck in the goldstone east terrace my interest would have evaporated in the early 70's:moo:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The better we play and the more goal chances we have the better the atmosphere will be. Playing a big team with plenty of visiting supporters is also likely to create an atmosphere. Last two games have been subdued because our football has been a bit pedestrian and the away fans a bit quiet too. Not sure that you can FORCE an atmosphere if the fans aren't excited.

There have been plenty of games where the Amex has rocked.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
But the people packed in the singing section will have a great time,it i had to spend my teenage years stuck in the goldstone east terrace my interest would have evaporated in the early 70's:moo:

I appreciate your sentiments but are you offering to administrate this yourself as it would cost the club a great deal of time and money to move interested parties etc etc.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
The trouble is at least a quarter of the stadium support other teams....(not the away fans), f@cking jcl!

the better we play and the more goal chances we have the better the atmosphere will be. Playing a big team with plenty of visiting supporters is also likely to create an atmosphere. Last two games have been subdued because our football has been a bit pedestrian and the away fans a bit quiet too. Not sure that you can force an atmosphere if the fans aren't excited.

There have been plenty of games where the amex has rocked.

I have been to appalling games where the atmosphere has been electric,there is no way the people round us will sing and because of this neither will we, its always been the social side and the atmosphere that has kept me going,if it was for the football i could have given up many times over the past 42 years.Also just because the crowd gets bigger does not mean its a better atmosphere.Fans can force an atmosphere as stoke have proved playing pretty boring footie,stoke was the example that bloom wanted to emulate(crowd not the football)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here