Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The club website

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Someone really needs to do something about the 'look and feel' of the re-design.

It's plain embarassing.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
its so slow to load, got nothing to do with my connection speed, website is just dire!

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Was it done as a high-school project? Maybe that's being unfair
to high-school projects.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Is still shit even after a 1-0 away defeat

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Well if that's the standard league template - then someone is getting a dab in the fist for
producing utter shite.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
From the Chief Exec's programme notes on Saturday:

NEW WEBSITE
Since our last home game we have launched the Albion version of the Football League’s next generation website – which has had a mixed reaction from supporters – some positive, some negative, some ambivalent.

The Football League, via their FLi offshoot, currently owns the digital rights to 86 Football League, Premier League and Conference clubs. This agreement has been in place since 2001 and runs through until 2017. In commercial terms, it has been a great success generating considerable and valuable revenue.

It is the clubs' collective strength that has helped to generate those revenues and in return we have all had to adhere to the same site framework. As a club we have been and will remain responsible for the provision of the majority of the content within the site, in terms of words and pictures, with FLi responsible for the framework, and other areas such as stats, fixtures and results.

While the deal has worked very well from the commercial side, the flexibility for clubs in terms of what can be offered to supporters has not always met expectations. However, with a new management team in place at FLi, working under the Football League’s new head of commercial operations Richard Heaselgrave, I hope we will see that change in the coming months and‘years.

As a club, we were the last to switch over to the new platform, as we had our own reservations, but having worked with service providers Sapient Nitro and Richard and his team to overcome the most pressing of those issues, we felt it was the right time to move across. There is still room for improvement, and we are working with FLi to improve the service and will be encouraging them to embrace new technologies to give our supporters, and those of other clubs, a cutting-edge service.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
These FLi sites should be used in schools as an example of how not to design a website.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
the statement reads 'dear fans, we know the website is shite, but the football league get more money this way, so tough'

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Why even go there?

I go direct to Ticket site if needed. Official site doesn't offer much else to me.
This. I go to the BBC for the fixture list and direct to the ticketing site if needed. That only leaves getting club contact details as a reason to go there at all.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
After the launch I tried to use it 2 or 3 times and found it totally unusable, it was all over the place, links didn't work or just sent you round in circles and it was impossible to navigate.

I thought I'd try again today and discovered that my computer appears to have taken a huge steaming technological shit and deposited it on my screen!

If anything it is now worse than when it launched, quite an achievement considering it was one of the worst websites I have ever visited. The links are still pot luck if they work or not and many just send me back to the home screen, that is if you can catch the links as they randomly fly across the screen! It is clear from the Chief Execs notes above that the club think it is a pile of cack too but surely if it is not fit for purpose, which it clearly is not, then there ought to be some get out clauses or breach of contract they can invoke to escape this dreadful f***-up of a website.

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
After the launch I tried to use it 2 or 3 times and found it totally unusable, it was all over the place, links didn't work or just sent you round in circles and it was impossible to navigate.

I thought I'd try again today and discovered that my computer appears to have taken a huge steaming technological shit and deposited it on my screen!

If anything it is now worse than when it launched, quite an achievement considering it was one of the worst websites I have ever visited. The links are still pot luck if they work or not and many just send me back to the home screen, that is if you can catch the links as they randomly fly across the screen! It is clear from the Chief Execs notes above that the club think it is a pile of cack too but surely if it is not fit for purpose, which it clearly is not, then there ought to be some get out clauses or breach of contract they can invoke to escape this dreadful f***-up of a website.

Totally agree but as nothing seems to have been done about it so far even though the club are aware of it don't expect any different this side of Christmas. It's all very well saying you don't use it but for those that have paid good money for Seagull Player in order to listen to the matches it's a farce, I wonder what would happen if we all asked for our money back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here