Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The club shop...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Stuart Munday said:
Here is description of what happened to me today-

I wasnt going to buy the new shirt (short of cash,better things I could spend the money on etc)but then I had a few beers had too much sun so I though sod it why not and headed into the shop.

Anybody got the stats on how a club should order in stocks to cater for the 'had a few beers had too much sun' market then? :D

Last edited:

timseagull

Oct 12, 2003
Mile Oak
I suspect there are a mixture of factors coming into play here. Money probably being one of them. May be we can't affordto buy a load up front. And judging by the mixed reaction to the design may be the club is being cautious with so many of us saying we might not buy them. Another factor is space. The club shop isn't huge and there simply isn't space to store excess boxes in case they get a rush on. Ok agreed if you reserve a product you should get it. But I seem to think we had the same problems last time when the buck rested with the maufacturers who couldn't keep ip with demand. These are not play off final tickets. It would be nice to have them for Reading but not essential. I suspect the people that couldn't pre order today will buy theirs at a later date. So the club hasn't lost money. In the long term there will be plenty to go round.

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
Im going to have to stop drinking too much in the sun because im beginning to agree with Ernest as well.:drink:
If the club hasnt got much cash (which is fair enough) order say 100 shirts of each size, take preorders of up to a hundred of each size then after that say it might take a couple of weeks to get one ,no problem.
The thing that bugs me is that you can preorder but not get a shirt ,its organisation not finance.

Grizz

NSC Patron
Jul 5, 2003
Well atleast the sales staff were honest with you! How even more pissed off would you be if they just took your money and then you went down there and they didn't have any in stock.

Why not just phone up on the friday and ask if they have any in stock, ask them to put two aside and then make the special trip down there. Can't see the difference between that and ordering them in advance which still seems to run the risk of not having your size.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Charlies Shinpad said:
Excuse me for butting in on this topic,but if the club did over order on the new shirts,it still has 3 years to sell them !

2 years, and if they overordered they'd have to pay for them in the start, with cash they don't have yet, as they haven't sold the theorethical shirts.

Read my post that mentions the agri co-ops.

finbar

Jul 15, 2003
Hove
No, the club wont have to pay up front, we have been with same shirt suppliers for years and during that time will have sold probably 10-20000 shirts. It is really simple, they KNOW they will sell 500 minimum in the next 4 months, probably the next 4 weeks, so WHY DONT THEY ORDER THEM NOW!!! EVERY time we bring out a new kit peole always complain they cant get them straight away, and they lose money by not being able to satisfy the demand. The club get a lot of things right, but they ALWAYS get the new shirt sales wrong, the complaint is always the same - i want a shirt but cant get one. Its supposed to be run as a business, but what sort of company under orders its biggest selling item? I would probably buy one if i went in the shop and they were there. If they arent i wont. Result, they lose £15 profit. Multiply that by for example 500 and thats 7.5k of ready cash that could be in the clubs pocket almost immediatly, plus a bit of goodwill lost.

The ONLY acceptable answer is they are waiting for the first batch to come in to check the quality is correct and will then pile in. If shirts of all sizes arent easily available by 1 september someone deserves shooting, probably david lee for being so shit.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
I think the probable reson for all this is that the club are expecting deliveries from Errea this week but, as in previous years the shirts are coming from Italy and they don't all arrive at once.
They basically know there are plenty on order but they don't know exactly how many of each size are going to arrive in what order.
I don't think this is down to the club - more than likely it is down to the Italian suppliers (who always take annual holidays in August - half of Italy shuts down basically!) and also cross-european delivery drivers.
So why not lay off the club til you know the facts instead of all this moaning that everybody has done since the new shirts were unveiled

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
changing the kit back to stripes from plain blue was always going to be a popular choice. changing the colour from royal blue to sky blue is a big surprise, how could the club possibly know how popular this would be?
so the initial order from the suppliers may only of been fairly small. to see what sort of demand they would get to start with.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
graz126 said:
changing the kit back to stripes from plain blue was always going to be a popular choice. changing the colour from royal blue to sky blue is a big surprise, how could the club possibly know how popular this would be?
so the initial order from the suppliers may only of been fairly small. to see what sort of demand they would get to start with.

They could have known by doing what's known in the trade as market research but we don't seem to have any experts in that department at the club.

Hold on a minute....

A little bit of fan input would have helped the sales too as you would be more inclined to buy if you had some influence on the decision. Something lots of other clubs seem to do.

Selling to football fans is one of the easiest things in the world, most would buy a dog turd if you stuck a seagull badge on it, how come we get it wrong so often?.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A lady in the shop told me that a lot of the problem is down to the manufacturers as they do not BHA at the top of their prioirty list as we are not a Premiership club and they supply some Premiership clubs. That is probably Archer Stanley & Bellotti's fault as per the original post!!!

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
We seem to think that is just our shop/club that has problems.
This is from a Wolves friend of mine.

Posted: Tue May 18, 2004 12:58 pm Post subject: Wolves new shirt

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have just come back from Molineux where the official launch took place of our new shirt for the next two seasons. (I like it when you know in advance the life of the shirt - remember Man U and the spell when they seemed to bring out a new shirt every five minutes?)

Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 11:36 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The new shirts are on sale this morning so just picked mine (and my daughter's) up from the shop. I pre-ordered and went for a XXXL (the largest) but had to change it for an XL as it was too big.

Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 7:00 am Post subject:

An update on the shirts - the transfer on the front of the sponsor and logo started to peel from the shirts and so thousands of people found themselves with this problem, as shirt sales were high.

My daughter wears hers more than me (she lives in it) and her sponsor name had completely gone. After many weeks, we finally got ours exchanged on Friday just gone.

And in typical Wolves fashion, we had a telephone call from the club shop on Saturday morning informing me that my shirt was now in the shop ready and waiting for me to exchange.

My wife said that I had done it on Friday. No, I couldn't have, it is there waiting for me, they said.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Our skint logo looks as if it's just been ironed on, i have a feeling that will peel off or start to crack within a few washes.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Are you meant to wash them?:shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here