Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

the club shop are stupid

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Do you READ my posts before replying to them?

AGAIN...

If they cannot say it will definitely be two year kit they should just make it a one year kit and reduce the price.

Then if the sponsor wants to keep sponsoring the club bring out another new kit - again reduced.

At NO point did I say if the business take up the option of the second year the club should keep the same kit.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Do you READ my posts before replying to them?

AGAIN...

If they cannot say it will definitely be two year kit they should just make it a one year kit and reduce the price.

Then if the sponsor wants to keep sponsoring the club bring out another new kit - again reduced.

At NO point did I say if the business take up the option of the second year the club should keep the same kit.

One that would cost more for the fan, kits aren't ever going to be half price are they.

Secondly if the sponsor changes next year it is possible the kit won't

Thirdly, if the kit and sponsor does change, most likely to be a deal with stadium naming rights the new kit would probably be for 2 years and therefore not another one season deal so not cheap price.

You have no idea of the deal in place, therefore either don't buy a kit or stop moaning

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Basically, people should know how the long the current kit is going to last before they make their decision whether or not to buy it.

If the club cannot say for definite it will last two years they should just say it is a one year kit. At least, whether the price is reduced or not, people know the situation.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Basically, people should know how the long the current kit is going to last before they make their decision whether or not to buy it.

If the club cannot say for definite it will last two years they should just say it is a one year kit. At least, whether the price is reduced or not, people know the situation.

You going to keep repeating yourself all night

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
The club have said the sponsorship deal is for one year with the option of a second. If you don't like the risk of the sponsor changing next season then there is a simple solution to this you don't buy it.

The club cannot really say anymore can they as only ITS will be able to tell you at the end of next season what their plans are (and who knows another sponser linked with the stadium may get the overriding decision)

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
The club have said the sponsorship deal is for one year with the option of a second. If you don't like the risk of the sponsor changing next season then there is a simple solution to this you don't buy it.

The club cannot really say anymore can they as only ITS will be able to tell you at the end of next season what their plans are (and who knows another sponser linked with the stadium may get the overriding decision)

No point stating common sense and fact on here !!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
They actually state on thier website:

From July 2008 TRT will be known as IT First.
And we’re delighted to announce that we have
entered into a sponsorship agreement with Brighton &
Hove Albion FC - for the next two years we’ll be the Albion’s
major shirt sponsor.

Just to muddy the waters further!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I will wear my shirt with pride regardless of whether or not the deal is 1 or 2 years. If the option on the second year isn't taken up there will be a new sponsor on the shirt but the style will stay the same. I expect that the shirt sponsors when we get to Falmer will be the same as the stadium sponsors which may lead to a shirt that has a 3 season lifespan.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
The option for the second year is up to the club, the club fully expects it to be a two year deal and the option for the second year is only due to poss that new stadium sponsor and shirt sponsor may want name on the shirt for last season at Withdean.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Is that off this and next years kit at the reduced rate

Naturally!!

What amazes me is people think nothing about spending £25 on a ticket for a 90min match that could end up being shit yet moan when for a tenner more they may only get a full 52 weeks wear out of piece of sports clothing!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here