Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

the club shop are stupid

huddersfieldseagull

Sep 29, 2005
i have rung 3 times now to ask how long the new strips will be used for as i dont wana buy 2 and it only be valid for 1 season the first 2 times i got told we dont no which i find hard to believe as they are ready to sell them then the third time they are saying til 2009 in otherwords 1 season can anyone confirm this if true ripping the fans off when deal sponcer said it was 2 year deal!

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
No they are not stupid, probably just don't know, as sponsorship deal is for one year with a one year option.

Kit style will prob last two seasons, sponsor may change in a year

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
blockhseagull is right, the sponsor is only for a year with a further year option, therefore nobody really knows the answer. I think it would be harsh to call them stupid.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The club shop people are clearly not stupid but the question is reasonable and the club should be able to make it known how long the shirts will be used for. Every other club in the country does...

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
The club shop people are clearly not stupid but the question is reasonable and the club should be able to make it known how long the shirts will be used for. Every other club in the country does...

I don't think the question can be answered with any authority by the shop.

If the sponsors have a 1 year option they may not take the second year.

Jamon Jamon

Mar 25, 2008
if the previous years quality is anything to go by you'll need a replacement by January anyway

PS I like the staff in the shop and ticket office, I've always found them helpful

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i dont get it. do you wish to buy a shirt because you want to support BHAFC or because you must have the current shirt? of course these are not mutually exclusive, but you dont have to have the current shirt to show your support. you could just not buy one next year if its a problem.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
How can they, as sponsor may last for two years...may last for one

By not bending over backwards to accomodate a sponsor who I very much doubt has the sort of financial clout to make huge demands of the club.

If it is one year then fine, they should say this kit will be for ONE season and will cost LESS.

Then if the sponsors want the second year they have optioned then bring out a new kit AGAIN at a lower price than normal.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
By not bending over backwards to accomodate a sponsor who I very much doubt has the sort of financial clout to make huge demands of the club.

If it is one year then fine, they should say this kit will be for ONE season and will cost LESS.

Then if the sponsors want the second year they have optioned then bring out a new kit AGAIN at a lower price than normal.

Lots of assumptions there

Maybe this is the best deal for the club, is no secret that next summer we will be looking for a poss stadium sponsorship deal so that might include shirt sponsorship as well.

To me it looks like we have covered all bases and prob got the deal that suits us

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I have no problem with it being a one year deal. But if there is even the slightest chance the club will have to change ALL the kits AGAIN next season then they should be making this clear and charging people less for the kits.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I have no problem with it being a one year deal. But if there is even the slightest chance the club will have to change ALL the kits AGAIN next season then they should be making this clear and charging people less for the kits.

Why should they charge less, the yellow kit wasn't less and that was for one year.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

What if they don't change do they charge the fans back the excess!!?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
What if they don't change do they charge the fans back the excess!!?

I will repeat myself...

IF there is the chance it will only be for one season they should make it a one season kit.

Then if the sponsors does decide to take up the option of a further year then just bring out another new kit - again at a reduced price.

Fans fork out enough as it is. Kids will want all the new kits and parents, probably already feeling pressure from the rising cost of living, will feel under pressure to fork out for the new kit and then possibly have to do the same thing again in a season's time.

All I am saying is that unless the club can say for definite the kit won't just last a season (and at present it can't) it should make the kit for one season, let this be known to the fans, and knock a bit off the price.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I will repeat myself...

IF there is the chance it will only be for one season they should make it a one season kit.

Then if the sponsors does decide to take up the option of a further year then just bring out another new kit - again at a reduced price.

Fans fork out enough as it is. Kids will want all the new kits and parents, probably already feeling pressure from the rising cost of living, will feel under pressure to fork out for the new kit and then possibly have to do the same thing again in a season's time.

All I am saying is that unless the club can say for definite the kit won't just last a season (and at present it can't) it should make the kit for one season, let this be known to the fans, and knock a bit off the price.

And if it does last for two seasons, then the club lose important revenue by selling a two year kit on the cheap

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here