Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The chasing pack

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
for us to drop out of an automatic promotion place we need to drop at least 8 points (allowing for goal difference) to the third placed side over the second half of the season

big ask for the other contenders

This probably happended in 1971 (trhe book is not handy) and then there was two points for a win.

Also, Millwall made the play-offs from mid-table last year, lots of points behind. The division is so naff that any team could put a run together.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Also, Millwall made the play-offs from mid-table last year, lots of points behind. The division is so naff that any team could put a run together.

Millwall were 8th this time last year just 4 points adrift of the play off places so not quite so far behind as you seem to think.

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
A win at Bournemouth will leave us 10 points clear with the exception of H'field and S'ton and potentially 10 points clear of H'field when taking the games in hand into consideration. We just need to keep on winning and it won't matter what the others do.

Brighton for the Championship as champions

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
seems strange to have nearly 50 points at this stage of the season. We normally leave that challenge until the last couple of games left.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Really? I wouldn't write them off, they've made 6 signing already this window.

I can't see Sheffield Wednesday challenging for 2nd, they're already too far off the pace and although I don't know much about their new signings, you can't just replace half of your 1st choice 11 and expect them to gel for a good few weeks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here