Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Championship.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Do I sit down and watch Sheff Wed v Wayne Rooney's Plymouth this afternoon, or lay out in the sun and enjoy summer?
Hoping it's onthe radio and then I can lay out in the sun laughing.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Fantastic from Oxford beating Norwich, come on you Yellows! Further down, Stockport's rise continues unabated, all good stuff.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
A few years ago maybe. Championship games used to be better than most Premier League games but the quality has dropped of a cliff recently, some absolutely dreadful games last season.

It is not the quality that counts. Far more open and competitive that the Premier League.

14 premier league teams are only in the premier league to make up the numbers.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Just seen Burnley destroy Luton 4-1 and the depth of quality in their squad is frightening. Scott Parker, an intelligent and likeable manager, will surely make it a hat-trick of Championship promotions unless they lose key players before the end of August or injuries bite although they had three players out tonight!

Talk of James Trafford going to Newcastle for £30m. He would be a big loss for them.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Just seen Burnley destroy Luton 4-1 and the depth of quality in their squad is frightening. Scott Parker, an intelligent and likeable manager, will surely make it a hat-trick of Championship promotions unless they lose key players before the end of August or injuries bite although they had three players out tonight!

Talk of James Trafford going to Newcastle for £30m. He would be a big loss for them.
Very much Team Burnley if it means one fewer automatic promotion place available for Leeds

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Incredible win for Coventry City in the 96th minute to beat Oxford United 3-2.

Breathtaking game. Fair play to Oxford - they went tow-to-tow with the Sky Blues but just sat back towards injury time and the huge cock-up at the end was hilarious!

This division is packed full of goals so far. I hope it continues as I bagged myself a little winner. :clap:

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
MASSIVE game tonight in every sense, as James Beadle’s MASSIVE take on DIRTY LEEDS. The two Yorkshire BEHEMOTHS of mid-table in the second tier COLLIDE, but there can only be one winner. Or a draw.

And it’s LIVE! 🎉

Marty McFly

Seagulls Over Canada
Aug 19, 2006
La Pêche, Quebec
MASSIVE game tonight in every sense, as James Beadle’s MASSIVE take on DIRTY LEEDS. The two Yorkshire BEHEMOTHS of mid-table in the second tier COLLIDE, but there can only be one winner. Or a draw.

And it’s LIVE! 🎉
Ahhhh the chippy shoulder derby!

There will be no winners tonight, only losers. Even if there's a winner.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Harem scarem stuff. Pretty low quality to be honest, but very watchable. May be a red card in this, tackles are fierce

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
What a great goal from Leeds (I feel Dirty)

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Leeds badge on their shirt blimey

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here