Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Championship.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Nice to see all the true and proper northern dunderland supporters fleeing the stadium of lightwight at 85 minutes. Missing the equalizer. :lolol:
I thought that too. Yes it’s early in the season, but in all likelihood this is going to be one of your biggest promotion games, you’re only 2-1 down, it’s not like it’s 3 or 4 nil and the game has gone - where the f*** is everybody?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Why are these fire drills so commonplace nowadays? They were never a thing back in the day except for extreme circumstances.

Is it that modern stadia (not sure why) and crowds being twice the size of what they were in the 80s both contribute to a feeling of needing to beat the crowds?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Clearly a fire drill at 2-1, POOR
Funny that when the goal celebrations were going on, the crowd swelled back to a much higher level. I understand that if you have to leave you have to leave, but leaving your seat and hanging around in concourses as the game is undecided is frankly weird. Sunderland have been in the doldrums for years, and now top of the championship and still in with a shout of an equaliser, most of them disappear. Well they missed an iconic moment that gained them a valuable point and deprived a main rival of two.

Last edited:

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Funny that when the goal celebrations were going on, the crowd swelled back to a much higher level. I understand that if you have to leave you have to leave, but leaving your seart and hanging around in concourses as the game is undecided is frankly weird. Sunderland have been in the doldrums for years, and now top of the championship and still in with a shout of an equaliser, most of them disappear. Well they missed an iconic moment that gained them a valuable point and deprived a main rival of two.
Sunderland til 80'th Minute And Then I Go Home And Do Something More Interesting season 1 soon on Netflix.

Utterly pathetic going home when your one goal down and pushing forward. What's even the point of going to football then? We all live for those equalisers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here