Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Championship on ITV 1

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Some good advertising for Skint with Leon being prime in the opening titles sequence.

I notice that BHA are also top left on that coca-cola advert that is currently on the big billboards around the country.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Coventry looked scarily good :ohmy:

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Bollocks bollocks bollocks just started watching when Bobby was grimacing into the camera ,missed the Albion!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOLLOCKS
This is what it's all about,highlights on prime time Sunday morning national tv,in the sun,scoring goals, in the top flight of the English national football league system sponsored by Coca-Cola!!

was it good? i missed Molango's goal yesterday.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Brighton till i die said:
you cant beat "goals on sunday" with Kamara - such a dude!!

10.00am!:p
You can if you ain't willing too pay Murdoch for his dross.

ITV 1 is free to air and if you're in "the championship" its quite good, if you're not then it's total shite.

I only caught the prog by accident as I would normally have BBC 1 on Sunday mornings if anything at all. But I went channel hopping just as the programme started. Just in time too see Leon run at the camera in his Skint shirt, strangely it was the Skint shirt that attracted mty attention before I realised who or what it was.

Seems ITV 1 are going to fill the hole left by the "premiershite" with this.

The first goal was well taken, jakey's goal was superbly taken and all 3 of their goals were down to bad defending I hope we improve on that or we will be in trouble, again. The penalty should have been, just another bad decision by the officials.

I have to say however that the decision to send off Dublin (Leicester West Ham) was the correct one from a ref who could not have had a better view of it.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I thought it was alright actually. Showed the goal from kick off, the penalty claim and Reading hitting the post. So more than sky sports news.

Giant Seagull

That was textbook
Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
it wasnt bad, however league one and two get horrendous coverage, i counted about 35 mins of Div 1 (ooooooh sorry "the championship") and about 4 mins to cover the rest, so errrrrrr 1 goal from colchester victory over wednesday and Boston beating oxford. Thank f*** we went up.....

and one other thing, Ally Mccoist is NOT a presenter.

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
It gets repeated (well, round here at least) at 12.05am on Monday night, which I know is actually Tuesday, but...

Platypuss

Oct 2, 2003
balloonboy said:
No sign of anything on HTV for us west country lot.

SPORT: Soccer Night
Channel: ITV1 West 103
Date: Thursday 12th August 2004
Time: 23:00 to 23:30 (starting in 4 days)
Duration: 30 minutes.
Jed Pitman presents highlights from the first week of the season, including highlights from the midweek games.

SPORT: The Championship
Channel: ITV1 West 103
Date: Sunday 15th August 2004
Time: 10:30 to 11:00 (starting in 6 days)
Duration: 30 minutes.
Matt Smith and Andy Townsend with highlights, news and reaction from the Football League's top division - now called the Championship. The featured match is the battle of last season's relegated Premiership teams, Wolves v Leeds United from Molineux. Plus a round-up of goals from the day's other games.
(Subtitles)

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I thought it was a pretty decent effort from ITV, highlights of a couple of games and all the goals from the rest in the championship, it's better than nowt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here