Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Championship Next Year.

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
Thought I would start a thread for us to get to know which teams we will be playing next season in the Championship.

So far if my maths is right it's only us and Coventry (ignoring a possible massive swing in GD) that are guarenteed to be playing Championship football next year, but the list could be added to at the weekend.

Lets keep this up to date, who fancies a trip to the Ricoh arena next year!?

nPower Championship 2011/2012
Brighton & Hove Albion
Conventry City

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I like this idea for a thread. It will be nice to see the league 'grow' over the next few weeks.

I'm up for Coventry :wave:

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Definately up for Cov away next season!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Cov already on my list. Went to Highfield Road when we lost there in 2005, but not been to the Ricoh yet.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Have to say, that's the game I'm LEAST interested in. Crap town and a ground with no atmosphere, apparently.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I was going to start a threat listing all possible opponents yesterday, and narrow them down as the season continues:

Possible Championship teams next year, with definites in bold:

Everton
Bolton
Newcastle
Aston Villa
West Brom
Fulham
Stoke
Birmingham
Sunderland
Blackburn
Wigan
Blackpool
West Ham
Wolves

QPR
Cardiff
Norwich
Reading
Swansea
Leeds
Nott'm Forest
Hull
Burnley
Millwall
Leicester
Ipswich
Watford
Portsmouth
Bristol City
Coventry
Barnsley
Middlesbrough
Derby
Doncaster
Crystal Palace
Scunthorpe
Preston
Sheff Utd

Brighton
Southampton
Huddersfield
Peterborough
MK Dons
Bournemouth
Rochdale
Leyton Orient
Exeter
Brentford
Colchester
Carlisle

Albion are promoted and will be in the Championship next season.
Everyone from Hartlepool upwards can match Bournemouth's 66 points, who sit in 6th and the final play-off place. But I have ignored Charlton and Hartlepool because their goal difference is woeful compared to Bournemouth's.
Coventry can be caught by the bottom 3, but are almost certain of not being caught on goal difference
Everton are the highest team who can still be caught by the bottom 3. I'm ignoring Liverpool, whose points can be matched but not in reality their goal difference

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Just looking at the Championship stats on football365 and was surprised by Reading's current form (have been too engrossed in the Seagulls). Seem to be making a strong challenge for the Premiership. Eight straight wins and unbeaten in the last twelve.

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
Getting back to the station from the ground was a f***ing nightmare last time.

My experience too, wait for a special bus and then walk from the bus station to the railway station, nightmare. What was wrong with Highfield Road?

mxs_harrow

Jan 20, 2009
HA5
As Coventry have been reported as being in some financial problems, a 10 point deduction for going into administration would put them in the drop zone.

The other down side to this happening would mean another team below Palace, potentially saving them from relegation.....

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I think a trip to Cov is in order. I have NEVER seen us play Coventry home or away. True that.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
The Ricoh is everthing i don't want our stadium to be , more empty seats than fans and a sh*t atmosphere in the middle of nowhere.
Highfield road on the other hand was Quality!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here