Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Chalk Pit

The Growler

Jun 3, 2010
Can't believe people are actually enthustastic about calling our stadium after a coroporate sponser. I understand they have to exist, and that Falmer might not be the best name - but I will still not be calling it The Amex, The American Express Community Stadium or anything other than Falmer unless something better is thought of.

I see it a bit like Arsenal fans calling the Emirates Ashbuton Grove - which name sounds a lot better?

Totally agree!!!!! chicken oriental lets go bloody mental!!!! l al al la :lolol::lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Can't believe people are actually enthustastic about calling our stadium after a coroporate sponser. I understand they have to exist, and that Falmer might not be the best name - but I will still not be calling it The Amex, The American Express Community Stadium or anything other than Falmer unless something better is thought of.

I see it a bit like Arsenal fans calling the Emirates Ashbuton Grove - which name sounds a lot better?

Sorry, but all the word "Falmer" means to me is nimbys and monstrously costly delays, both cashwise and emotionally.

If I never hear the word "Falmer" again it would be too soon. Its just a shit name for a shit village that had a SHITHOUSE excuse to delay this thing unnecessarily for another 6 or 7 years.

f*** "Falmer". Its The Amex for me. Cool name, snappy, and globally recognisable.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Sorry, but all the word "Falmer" means to me is nimbys and monstrously costly delays, both cashwise and emotionally.

If I never hear the word "Falmer" again it would be too soon. Its just a shit name for a shit village that had a SHITHOUSE excuse to delay this thing unnecessarily for another 6 or 7 years.

f*** "Falmer". Its The Amex for me. Cool name, snappy, and globally recognisable.

I sort of see what you're saying - but the fact we now have the stadium seems to me to mean the word has less connotation with nimbys. Plus, the best name for a ground is its geographical location (whether that be a road or an area), which is what Falmer is.

Sounds like my kinda place....will have to give it a try....whereabouts is it? Near the high street?

The Chalk Pit isn't actually in Lewes. Take the road from the prison out towards Offham and it's about 2 miles down on your left. If you reach the Black Horse at Offham you've gone too far but you shouldn't miss it as it's well signposted. There is an outdoor covered pool table where you can have a beer and a fag and they also sell good honest pub grub which is refreshing in this area as most of the country pubs have gone gastro and want to sell you 'locally sourced apple and pork chippolatas with turnip mash and onion gravy' for £15.00. They do however serve bangers and mash very reasonably and I can personally vouch for the T-bone. Good local ales also. Recommended.

Cheshire

Jul 20, 2003
1066 Country
Sure a nickname away from any more official title will come and grow in popularity - may already be out there in small beginnings - already heard "The Seagull Nest" or "The Flying Saucer" type references, but yes could even remain as just Falmer. Also agree the Chalk Pits is not a bad place food wise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here