Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Catholics are at it again

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Perhaps.....and this may be a little old fashioned for some of you liberals on here......some people dont see why there needs to be gay marriage at all.
Perhaps some people belive that marriage should be kept as something special between men and women?
Call me an old traditionalist if you like. Just dont get why gay marriage is necessary.

I must be old fashioned as well and agree with you.The equalities Minister said 'let the people decide';well,I can't recall a huge groundswell of public opinion asking for gay marriage...........not even amongst many of the gays themselves.

City

Feb 17, 2012
Manchester City FC
I'd love you to explain why you think that gay people should not have the same rights as straight people.

Mate, I just believe it is different when it comes to marriage.

I have ABSOLUTELY nothing against the gays. NOTHING.

Call me traditional, but marriage is just different to me.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Cant wait to see Islam being forced to except homosexuality into their religion or will they be excused?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Hmmm , can straight people have a Civil Partnership?I may be wrong,but I don't think so!

If they can't, then they absolutely should be able to. Equality works both ways.

In any case, civil partnerships were conceived by cowardly politicians who wanted to have their cake and eat it by trying to appease the gay electorate while still appealing to the Daily Mail crowd.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Mate, I just believe it is different when it comes to marriage.

I have ABSOLUTELY nothing against the gays. NOTHING.

You have nothing against "the gays", but you think its acceptable that, in the 21st century, gay people do not have the same rights as straight people?

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
I'd love you to explain why you think that gay people should not have the same rights as straight people.

ftl-fairy-tales-book.jpg

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Perhaps.....and this may be a little old fashioned for some of you liberals on here......some people dont see why there needs to be gay marriage at all.
Perhaps some people belive that marriage should be kept as something special between men and women?
Call me an old traditionalist if you like. Just dont get why gay marriage is necessary.

I must be old fashioned as well and agree with you.The equalities Minister said 'let the people decide';well,I can't recall a huge groundswell of public opinion asking for gay marriage...........not even amongst many of the gays themselves.

And therein lies the problem - the church and religious people believe not only in some Sky Fairy but also that they OWN the right to marriage. The change in law won't force those houses of kiddy fiddling sin marry people of the same gender. It will only make it legal for gay people to be equal and, if they wish, to have a civil marriage. Quite why religious bigots feel the need to force their beliefs on everyone else is beyond me. How EXACTLY will two men or two women getting married in a registrar office effect YOU precisely ?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
No. I have nothing against the gays.

Besides marriage, what rights do they not have?

Care to explain what effect two people of the same gender marrying will have on you ?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I'm wrong because my opinion is different...
You are wrong because you are wrong. Adding "it's my opinion" to any braindead statement you mash into your keyboard doesn't make it irrefutable or unquestionable. If you refuse to have your opinion contested, keep it in your head.

You said "Man + Woman = Marriage". Clearly that's wrong. If you're not deaf you'll have heard people talking about marrying things together in contexts other than this, and that's a perfectly correct use of the language. So the semantic argument which you make in opposition to equality is wrong.

:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here