Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Carlisle Match Programme

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Very clear layout with reasonably sized body text - the first modern day programme that's got its priorities right by jettisoning the captain's page, reserves page, youth team page etc.

Amazing how such a streamlined programme has much better information on the away team than the current Albion prog. All that was missing was a squad photo and piccies of all the players!

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Programmes used to be thin publications : notes from the manager,team line ups,a few ads,fixtures,scorers ,tables if enough room.Sometimes a bit on the reserves and "A" team.Cost about 4d and sales seemed large.

Now they are full of glossy ads,and pretty much rubbish articles about our centre forwards favourite food,holiday destination,musical taste.Probably "ghosted "by the editor.And they cost £3 or more,and that makes them easy to walk past.

I know several people on here are programme anoraks like me,but I stop my collection at 1983 (for obvious reasons).After that,the programmes have got heavier,glossier and frankly not good value.Last season's away programme at Huddersfield was 100 pages and looked like the "Next" catalogue.The teams made it on page 98.

So well done Carlisle.I'd like to see the Albion do the same thing,but I'm not holding my breath.

Never buy programmes myself - I just pick one up for my son when he is at a match. When the prog seller only ask for a pound, I just said 'blimey - must be the cheapest in the league!', to which the seller beamed with pride. I, too, was very impressed - it had everything I ever want from a programme (essentially I want a team sheet, a bit of info about the other team so I now who to keep an eye on, and a few stats telling me about the form of the other team. Everything else is shite.

Please, please, every other team in the league, copy Carlisle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here