Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Carlisle Match Programme

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It really was very odd. It was about 10 pages long, but only cost £1!

Having bought it and had a chuckle it, I later concluded that Carlisle were to be applauded for this minimalist approach. After all, what do you actually normally get for your £3 or whatever? Loads of adverts, and some crap in-jokes from the captain?

This Carlisle one was lightweight but seemed to include everything you'd expect: thoughts of the manager, results, birthday mentions, squad profiles, away team run-down and so on.

Hats off to them I say.

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
Twas a decent programme.

We asked the guy we got ours from why they were only £1. Apparently they barely sold any when they were £3, and they used to take a few days to produce. Now, they sell a lot more (and hence make more money from them than they used to) and it only takes a morning to produce.

Fair play :thumbsup:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Twas a decent programme.

We asked the guy we got ours from why they were only £1. Apparently they barely sold any when they were £3, and they used to take a few days to produce. Now, they sell a lot more (and hence make more money from them than they used to) and it only takes a morning to produce.

Fair play :thumbsup:
I agree. In all honesty, I don't normally even look at the programme seller when I'm at a match these days. However, we walked right past him at Carlisle with his big £1 sign, and thought we may as well. If Albion produced one at £1, I'd buy it without fail whenever I did actually make the effort. Instead, I'd rather spend that £3 on an extra pint in the pub before kick off.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
That seems a really good idea.I haven't brought an Albion one for years.£3 is far to much as i'm not one for keeping them.Once read they are thrown away.I use to keep them when i was a kid like most do.

murraymint

Aug 13, 2008
I quite like our programmes. They've improved on last year and I tend to read pretty much everything in it each week. Don't mind paying £3 as long as it's a decent read.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
That seems a really good idea.I haven't brought an Albion one for years.£3 is far to much as i'm not one for keeping them.Once read they are thrown away.I use to keep them when i was a kid like most do.

What a good idea.Perhaps they could reduce the prices at WITHDEAN so more people might go along to watch. :eek:

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
I thought it was a fanzine at first :laugh: though it was not bad for £1
The matchday mascot was asked a strange question – Favourite other club? :facepalm:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Havent bought a programme in years, but if it was a quid I definitely would.

westcumbriablue

Mar 9, 2008
We (Carlisle) are also producing a glossy magazine every two months priced at £3.95 which seems to have gone down really well too. That's full of more in-depth behind the scenes stuff that you wouldn't get elsewhere. Our Media Officer/Kit Man posts on twitter (http://twitter.com/cufckit) and seems to be suggesting that other FL clubs are taking an interest in our approach.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
cufckit the twitter account is an anagram for "f*** it c"

i also havent bought a programme for years.

Skintagain 1983

And Smith Did Score!
I stopped buying programmes years ago as they weren't value for money. But a mate who couldn't get to Carlisle wanted one. When I saw the price I too thought it must be a fanzine. But what a breath of fresh air. Hardly an advert to be seen. Good layout, good stats, good home team and away team facts and away team player info. I'm keeping it. Sorry Mike. Well done Carlisle. Take note other clubs. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here