Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Cameron and Clegg Show ( Eric and Ernie )

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
What we broadly have now is a civil service manifesto - they have been heavily involved in the last 10 days or so in constructing this document and they were the ones clapping loudly at the presentation yesterday.

Where there were clear differences and no common ground (Justice for example) there comes a policy that was in neither manifesto I believe but that will show some progress in that area (anonymity for rape defendents).

I still don't get the fudges they've made such as nuclear power - Conservatives to back it, Lib Dems to abstain but Huhne or whoever will speak against it.

I think this will last for 2 maybe 3 years - both sides are so in need of it doing so. The deal breaker will be Europe when (as it inevitably will do) rears it's head

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I hope it works, but, as soon as ANYTHING ges wrong there will be a lot of whinging. Labour, of course, 'cos that's their current job, some tories 'cos they don't like LibDem policy, some LibDem 'cos they don't like tory policy and anyone in the coutnry, becasue no-one explicitly voted for this coalotion.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
A fiscally responsible conservative government who will make us live within our means - but - tempered with the social responsibility of the libs, has to be a good thing.

it is an interesting experiment and looks good so far. we await delivery of course.

I still don't get the fudges they've made such as nuclear power - Conservatives to back it, Lib Dems to abstain but Huhne or whoever will speak against it.

step back though and the positions on such issues are perfect. neither really had a mandate on such issues (lets face it yes or no to trident is a decider for a tiny minority) so you farm it out to a commision or report to explore it more fully, hopefully more rationally with less political/tribal blindness. or put another way productive discussion rather than panto style we are used to.

Last edited:

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Eric and Ernie or the Two Wrongies - they do seem incredibly well matched and I was seriously impressed by the way they handled the coalition. there will be stormy waters ahead but considering the uncertain times we live in, I feel they have shown solidarity which is what we need

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here