Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The buck stops with Slade,

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
No problem. I understand some people get more worked up over results than others.

Ha! Don't worry I'm not too depressed. I was just trying to justify not noticing your sarcasm!

LABHA

Feb 9, 2009
Littlehampton,Wick actually

just as the leader of a political party ultimatley carrys the can for his party, so must the manager of a football team.if excuses were points we would be in the top 3, but they are not and we arnt.i want results not sob stories, mr bloom must be starting to lose patience i would imagine.another saturday night and weekend bollocksed up.sorry facts are facts and you cant really argue as the table is now starting to take shape and the better teams are starting to settle down, and we are not one of them.i belive we could be and should be but the facts dont lie, im pissed off with being pissed off.

yet another wanker.

Dandyman

In London village.
Did MK Fake Dons look like a team in 5th place? Did we look like a team 5th from bottom? No! We played bloody well today, handicapped by inept officials.

Spot on.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Were you all there? This site is getting stupid.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
surprised you can string three words together, let alone be so contructive....!

Okay if you want "contructive" (by the way if you are accusing people of being thick at least spell properly), then here it is.

Sacking Slade when we have just got the team playing well would be disastrous. The last six games we have got 8 points (not the end of the world) and lost 2 games, one in the last minute when we hit the bar twice in the second half and the other against a play off side with 10 men for over an hour. Slade has been without 2 of his best players (Murray and McNulty) effectively all season. For various reasons we have not been able to play a settled defence and we have had a number of shit referees (examples include yesterday and Bristol R both denying us late penalties and both referees generally allowing our opponents to get away with diving, Huddersfield where Kuipers should never have been sent off as it was not a goalscoring opportunity and Stockport where Elphick should never have been shown the first yellow card).

Despite all these problems, I think that the majority of Slade's signings have shown promise and when we have the same defence for more than half an hour, we will start to move up the table. Finally, in Micky Adams' first season in charge we had a mixed start after bringing in lots of players (it's what happens when you completely change a squad) but had a good end to the season and went up the next year. No doubt midway through that season (and certainly after four games of the next) there were calls for him to be sacked. It is a good thing that chairmen generally don't listen to a reactionary minority of fans who haven't got a clue.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
One sending off isn't Slade's fault, two isn't Slade's fault, three can be seen as unlucky. But when you've had as many sendings off as you have points, then there is clearly a problem with discipline, and that is the managers responsibilty to sort out.

Really? Just what exactly could slade have said or done to prevent any of our red cards this season? Is it not a players responsibility to not get sent off?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Okay if you want "contructive" (by the way if you are accusing people of being thick at least spell properly), then here it is.

Sacking Slade when we have just got the team playing well would be disastrous. The last six games we have got 8 points (not the end of the world) and lost 2 games, one in the last minute when we hit the bar twice in the second half and the other against a play off side with 10 men for over an hour. Slade has been without 2 of his best players (Murray and McNulty) effectively all season. For various reasons we have not been able to play a settled defence and we have had a number of shit referees (examples include yesterday and Bristol R both denying us late penalties and both referees generally allowing our opponents to get away with diving, Huddersfield where Kuipers should never have been sent off as it was not a goalscoring opportunity and Stockport where Elphick should never have been shown the first yellow card).

Despite all these problems, I think that the majority of Slade's signings have shown promise and when we have the same defence for more than half an hour, we will start to move up the table. Finally, in Micky Adams' first season in charge we had a mixed start after bringing in lots of players (it's what happens when you completely change a squad) but had a good end to the season and went up the next year. No doubt midway through that season (and certainly after four games of the next) there were calls for him to be sacked. It is a good thing that chairmen generally don't listen to a reactionary minority of fans who haven't got a clue.

You make you points well, this may not be constructive, but to answer you,

1.Its all very well for people to say we are playing well, i agree we are in patches, but at times the defending is awful at best and we cant always bank on scoreing goals, to get us out of the shit because the defence has put us up against it.
2.Our two best players, Murray, ok he has been injured but his attitude is all wrong, saying the right things now but thats only because he is stuck here for the next three months at least.His attitude must be disrupitive and RS himself has said as much.....As for McNulty we can only hope he is the player he was before an horrific injury, there is no guarantee he we be the same, we have all seen it so many times before with players that suffer terrible injurys, we can only hope.
3.Blameing refs is just a cop out, that is so old hat anyone would think there is a vendetta against us, the way some people always blame the refs.
4.The signings i agree on the whole look quite good, a clear out was needed but did it have to be so severe?Our form last eight games of last season was champions form, perhaps maybe a couple to many went and more should have been done to keep big Lloyd, clearly an asset in this division.I dont think a two year deal was to much to ask, for a guy whos goals went a long way to us staying up, i think Slade owed it to him personally.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Did MK Fake Dons look like a team in 5th place? Did we look like a team 5th from bottom? No! We played bloody well today, handicapped by inept officials.

They looked like a team who had lost two games in a week actually. We may not LOOK like a team who is 5th bottom, but yet again we get the result to confirm it after another clown has a rush of blood to the head and had to go. "Inept officials" - maybe - but their decission was correct with the sending off.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Clearly we weren't good and anyone who watched us punt the long ball for 90 minutes and be outplayed by a poor team that could at least keep possession must have been at a different game!

Slade out, why? Who would replace him?
Bloom out, How and why, do you have £90m+?

I thought this was going to be a great season and so far it's been pure crap; interspersed with the occasional good 15 - 20 minutes.

My main worry is the players themselves and their commitment, how many times did we see Dickinson and Co pulling out of tackles, not chasing back and just ball watching?

There are some very good individual performances but that doesn't win points, team work, hard work and innovation does. Kuipers stop just kicking the ball up front, use the full backs to build play and midfield MOVE, create space and hold the ball up ...

PLEASE!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
My main worry is the players themselves and their commitment, how many times did we see Dickinson and Co pulling out of tackles, not chasing back and just ball watching?

There was that one challenge that El Abd didn't pull out of... oh.

Kuipers stop just kicking the ball up front, use the full backs to build play and midfield MOVE, create space and hold the ball up ...

Poor michel. For years people have thought of him as our worse keeper (when we have more than one viable choice) because he couldn't kick the ball up the field. Now he des and people want him to stop...

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
could we perhaps debate slade's performance this season without jumping to 'slade in' or 'slade out' conclusions. i'm sure most people thought he was superb last season, and i'm sure most people have been a bit underwhelmed so far this season. that doesn't mean to say he should go, but nor does it mean we can't question his decisions.

i thought we were poor saturday and i'm starting to get a bit worried. keeping bennet stuck back in the defence for 75 mins was a bit odd, and if dicker wasn't injured he should have stayed on. plus dickinson was terrible once again and is starting to look like a wasted 250k. and we're a bit too direct at times for my liking.

however i would like to see booker replaced with a properly qualified coach to give slade the support i guess he'll need to take the club forwards.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We've got 4 or 5 "lesser" games coming up - lets see where we are after these.

We could easily find ourselves with a fairly even record, which would leave us within reach of the play offs by the turn of the year.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
all the red cards have been for players Slade inherited, not one for any of his signings, now this could be coincidence, old players trying to hard to impress the new boss or conversely new signings lacking passion and commitment (we are in serious trouble if it is both). A poor disciplinary record points to poor organization within the team or a someone pointed out headless chicken syndrome. I feel that the coaching at the club needs overhauling, I am not a member of the anti White & Booker club, but a young ambitious and innovative coach is what is needed. I like Slade and believe the players he has signed will form the backbone of a new team. He was brutal at the end of last season and more surgery maybe required if we don't turn it around before Christmas. I have faith in Slade and believe his vision for the club is a solid one in which we can build a team fit to grace Falmer. It might just take more time than we expected.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
There was that one challenge that El Abd didn't pull out of... oh.

Poor michel. For years people have thought of him as our worse keeper (when we have more than one viable choice) because he couldn't kick the ball up the field. Now he des and people want him to stop...

El Abd, I'll give you that, all but one challenge we pulled out of!

Kuipers on the other hand, like it, except I think the criticism was that he couldn't kick it striaght ... granted he now does ... ALL THE BLOODY TIME ...

I agree three key points that we must know will be addressed:

1. Discipline, can we have some?
2. Football, can we have some?
3. Points, can we have some?

My work here is done!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here