Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Brits 2008

the slow norris

Feb 8, 2005
Suffolk
Now mcartney, i don't like him as he looks interminably smug, however some of the music he's been involved in has been amazing. he must be looking on this shower of shit (monkeys and take that apart [yes, the THAT, they are pop but they do it well]) and wondering what it was all for?

right, as for the brits school, they can just do one. ooo, "not everyone's academically minded" well fine, but not everyone's posh and likes playing guitar either, stop acting hard done by and live with the reality that you are all unbelievably hungry for fame. Just do, and we'd respect it even more. Nash and adele, get rid of the "poor lahndan bird" accents and get with the programme, buy which I mean stop singing more songs, ever, bbc1 news this morning even showed current students saying the following (and I quote, i am drunk, but i can still quote) "that [fame] is not what we're after, we just doing it for the music.......well it might have been what we wanted when we joined, but now we just really love the music" right, so, fame IS what you were after when you JOINED. now i know not everyone is academically minded (hell, my sister isn't, but she's gone on to be a great teacher, really, i know that's cliche'd but she has) that's fine, but it must surely be possible to grasp the basics of irony and FACT! sack of utter cack

pass the red wine

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
What planet are you living on?

maybe the one where his voice is that of a 65 yearold and doesnt really work anymore.

having said that though, i defy anyone to not like Hey Jude.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
performance of the night for me, the oldies are the best

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
What a load of rubbish that was. The Arctic Monkeys ???? I had to change channels when Leona Lewis came on - beautiful dress, but that song has to be one of the worst ever - can't stomach listening to it. Enjoyed Paul McCartney but not much else! Must be an age thing!!!!!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
What a load of rubbish that was. The Arctic Monkeys ???? I had to change channels when Leona Lewis came on - beautiful dress, but that song has to be one of the worst ever - can't stomach listening to it. Enjoyed Paul McCartney but not much else! Must be an age thing!!!!!

Amusing to see views on music from someone who has an avatar that looks strangely like that Ben guy from Pop Idol or whatever.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Winehouse should be put out of her misery this is shockingly bad

Are you mad or just have trouble with your ears?
Amy Winehouse was the only quality on the whole thing, sounded amazing and put the rest of the live performances to shame.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I didn't think Winehouses' voice was bad but she was clearly off her f***ing tits. Fidgeting and gurning, uncomfortable in her own skin for the duration of the song.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
I thought Mark Ronson with Amy Winehouse was superb

Yep, I thought she'd cracked it then, but when she came back on she went from superb to shite.

Ozzie, Jack & Kelly were class but Sharon is just cringeworthy, especially when she started shouting all over Vic Reeves when he was trying to give out an award. He was pissed but he was getting there!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here