Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The British Press At It's Best

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
None here... I believe many, many people just follow the baying crowd because it's 'hip' to do so. Shame the sheep don't learn to be individuals really.

You may be right that some 'follow the crowd'. But don't let that blind you to the visceral dislike of Thatcher among many who lived through her premiership, not least those who were directly attacked by her policies. The merciless style of her leadership and rhetoric makes it inevitable that there is still a lot of genuine (not sheep-like) dislike of her.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
You may be right that some 'follow the crowd'. But don't let that blind you to the visceral dislike of Thatcher among many who lived through her premiership, not least those who were directly attacked by her policies. The merciless style of her leadership and rhetoric makes it inevitable that there is still a lot of genuine (not sheep-like) dislike of her.

Absolutely! The only PM in British history that attacked people directly with her policies! Throw her to the Lions!

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
That's not very good. Feel almost sorry for Pierce, he's not a bad writer but that was a real hospital pass.

'We've got this picture of the old battleaxe sitting on a park bench, 1,000 words please, make it snappy, and remember, we love her here.'

You may be right, but use of the word 'hound' instead of 'dog' is surely inexcusable!

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Obviuously someone who divides opinion, but I would say she had more balls and had more presence than any of the muppets we've had in power since!
as did Sadaam, Gadhaffi, Assad, Belusconi, Franco, Genghis Khan... your point is? ???

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
Having read some of the comments at the bottom of the article, I find myself agreeing with this:

Amazing the way she's morphed into her spitting image puppet.
- Berty, Biddulph, 20/3/2012 10:12

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Having read some of the comments at the bottom of the article, I find myself agreeing with this:

Amazing the way she's morphed into her spitting image puppet.
- Berty, Biddulph, 20/3/2012 10:12

still looks like a sour faced evil tory.

- john, Skelmersdale,England, 20/3/2012 09:22

:lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here