Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Brighton Marathon.

MrMan

Apr 24, 2009
I don't think the email is confirming entry, just more an update that you can enter on Tuesday.

I'm due to do the Beachy Head version in October, will start training soon...

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Entries opened at 10am. Has anyone else entered yet?

The registration proccess says my entry is confirmed but haven't had an email through yet as it said I would get.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
i'm in too.

for those of you who previously received an e-mail acknowledging your interest in running, i'd guess you'd better now go on line and cough up, doubt they'll accept an e-mail as confirmation of anything.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Just signed up.

Used to doing regular 10ks but this will be my first (and only) marathon!

Always looked like a ridiculous challenge, but if running through the streets of my home town doesnt inspire me, nothing will!!

What times are those signing up hoping for? I guess a lot depends on the weather, but my aim is sub 4 hours. I'm a 48 min 10 k'er, so is that realistic?

Yoda

English & European
What shitty timing. No one entered the London Marathon will want to do another marathon in Brighton the WEEK before (Not a sane person anyway).

Besides, we already have the Worthing 20 at the beginning of April as a last 'warm up' race for a lot that do enter London. That is also our club's 'big earner' for the year so I hope it doesn't detract interest from us. :(

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
What have I done?

I've never run more than a half marathon in my life, and am currently not fit enough, but I needed something to get me focussed on getting back in shape and this has inspired me.

I'm in! :thumbsup:

(Can't wait to tell The Grub. She'll think I've finally lost it!)

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
What shitty timing. No one entered the London Marathon will want to do another marathon in Brighton the WEEK before (Not a sane person anyway).

Besides, we already have the Worthing 20 at the beginning of April as a last 'warm up' race for a lot that do enter London. That is also our club's 'big earner' for the year so I hope it doesn't detract interest from us. :(

What's your club, out of interest ??

Jamon Jamon

Mar 25, 2008

(
yeah, but the word is that the London one (approx 30,000) is four times over subscribed so they'll have no trouble filling 10,000 spaces for the Brighton one, so if you did want to enter both the chances of getting in are slim anyway.

D

Deleted User X18H

What a bloody stupid idea this Marathon is absoulutly ridiculous!!

I think it is so very silly, I have entered as a non affliated BN postcode entry if you can't beat em.......................!!!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
What times are those signing up hoping for? I guess a lot depends on the weather, but my aim is sub 4 hours. I'm a 48 min 10 k'er, so is that realistic?

Yes, that's realistic if you put the training in,

I have a 45.39 10k best, with a 3.53 Marathon PB

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Right, bit of a silly question here...

Ive never done a long distance race but when Im in the gym I can run 11-12km (in 45mins-1hr) when I put my mind to it so I was thinking about doing the Brighton 10k next year but now this is going ahead, would it be stupid of me to think abou doing this or does ayone think it can be done?

I dont do any fitness training specifically apart from playing football but I do have quite a good basic level of fitness.

Am I being silly to consider it?

Exiled in Indooroopilly

I found this spoon sir
Feb 12, 2009
Just signed up.

Used to doing regular 10ks but this will be my first (and only) marathon!

Always looked like a ridiculous challenge, but if running through the streets of my home town doesnt inspire me, nothing will!!

Very impresed fella!! Any other likely suspects signing up with you? Brisbane 10K in August will do for me..............a marathon is such a long way!!!

Sonic The Hedgehog

Oi Lino You're A Disgrace
Jul 7, 2003
Wetherspoons, Fareham
That route looks a bit easy.

Why no Elm Grove, Southover Street or Albion Hill or finish at the race course after running up Wilson Avenue?

Or perhaps start out at Ditchling Village and get them to run up the Beacon to thin the field out a bit?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here