Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Brezovan

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Couple of good saves today but distribution is poor to say the least plaus a cpouple of dodgy moments sorry he is not he answer and no premier club will ever come in for him. Touch and go as to who is besty him or Casper 6 to one half a dozen the other. Neither are the answer if we aspire to promotion next season.

I don`t think i have ever seen a post from you that is not negative

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I don`t think i have ever seen a post from you that is not negative

I have been positive about Ankergren all season and think that he is the slightly better of the two keepers but I am not acrried away with a couple of good saves by Brezovan and want us to improve the squad to mount a serious realistic challenge next season.

Batti

Jul 19, 2010
After the saints game there was a thread asking if we were getting carried away with Brezovan's performance. "Nonsense" said I, backed up with lots of posts about how his performance wasn't that great, that he "flapped" and got away with "howlers", even those that were complimenting him were adding the proviso that he probably wasn't the long term answer, only a matter of time until he makes a big mistake that costs us the match, etc.

I would like to amend my statement to "Nonsense. We're not all getting carried away, just Mutts Nuts."

Spot on! Against Saints, overall he had a good game but there were a couple of very dodgy moments including the run up to the ball being cleared off (from behind) the line. It was his fumble from a routine cross that led to that. If that goal had been given, I fear the result would have been very different and people would be laying into Brezovan - rather than getting ridiculous posts like this.

I prefer him to Ankergren simply because he comes for crosses and, by and large, gets to them and actually holds on BUT I do not think he is the long-term answer and I'm really not too sure how many Premiership clubs are going to be falling over themselves trying to sign him at the end of the season...:wink:

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Couple of good saves today but distribution is poor to say the least plaus a cpouple of dodgy moments sorry he is not he answer and no premier club will ever come in for him. Touch and go as to who is besty him or Casper 6 to one half a dozen the other. Neither are the answer if we aspire to promotion next season.

Your completely correct IMO.

When the ball comes into the box, i fear everytime, but as yet he hasnt done much wrong in the last couple of games. Neither keeper inspire any confidence, but he deserves a run now in the team. I hope he proves me wrong.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Looking good so far. The only points I disagree with are that "premiership teams will be bidding for him" and why do refer to him as "The Brezovan"? :lolol:

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
First we had the Gus Bus, now we have the Brezo 'Van'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here