Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The box

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
It's 7a.m tomorrow morning, your following your normal Monday morning rituals when there's a knock at the door. An old guy is standing on your doorstep with a parcel under his arm. He enters, sets the parcel on the table and opens the wrapping revealing a box with a button on it. He explains to you that if you push the button you will receive a million pounds. But, someone in the world will die BECAUSE you pressed the button, what do you do?
It's the old moral dilemma and was made famous by the twilight zone and was a film with Cameron Diaz a couple of years back. We often talk about it at work. Well............. What would you do?

Sent by Derek Achora via the spirit world.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I was watching The Adjustment Bureau the other day and it really made me think about whether there is a plan to life, or not. I wonder where I would be if certain things hadn't happened, for example, I hadn't met a certain person at the certain time. Sheer chance put us together, any number of things could have prevented it and who knows what would have happened instead. As for this example, yes. I would take the cash, on the same principle that if I didn't, life would take a very different turn as a result of the decision either way. I would rather take the cash and do something positive with it to compensate for the morality of causing someone's death (presuming it's a kosher deal...).

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Clearly the twist is that the person who presses the button is the person who dies?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here