Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The board have made it pretty clear.....

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
That they want promotion next season and no messing. Will MA be a difficult position if we don't get it?

Also, it would make sacking Wilkins look silly if we don't go up.

I agree the severity and swiftness of all the decisions made since the go-ahead for Falmer indicate that we are AIMING to be in the championship by 2010. The time for muddling through and making do is OVER.

I don't really like the decision to axe Wilkins but I do trust DK's judgement on most things and I hope he has got this one right.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This is a massive statement of intent by the board - now they have to back Adams in the transfer market this summer, which is an assurance I'm sure Mickey has had given to him to get him back. Hopefully Lloyd has uncovered a few nuggets for Mickey to peruse.

I am AGOG at these events. This is going to be a ROLLERCOASTER.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What if Adams fails to get us promoted - two years compensation wasted when sacked so perhaps then we re-appoint McGhee

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I reckon MA has a target of TWO seasons to get us up to coincide with Falmer.

I'm assuming that sufficient funds are being made available to realise this ambition.

I wonder if there is a secret backer, waiting in the wings, pumping in some dosh ready for takeover when Falmer is built? (This is just a question I'm not trying to start a rumour)

johnnyjetlag

Jul 26, 2004
I agree the severity and swiftness of all the decisions made since the go-ahead for Falmer indicate that we are AIMING to be in the championship by 2010. The time for muddling through and making do is OVER.

I don't really like the decision to axe Wilkins but I do trust DK's judgement on most things and I hope he has got this one right.

Totally agree. I think DK is getting a bit anxious about filling the new stadium and wants to do all he can to ensure investors and naysayers can see that the stadium will be worthwhile. I'm sure Wilkins would have got us there but Adams might bring in more of a show to attract the punters.

This is a massive statement of intent by the board - now they have to back Adams in the transfer market this summer, which is an assurance I'm sure Mickey has had given to him to get him back. Hopefully Lloyd has uncovered a few nuggets for Mickey to peruse.

I am AGOG at these events. This is going to be a ROLLERCOASTER.

That indeed is the other side of the coin for those of us who have expressed some unease at these events. It will indeed be a rollercoaster and promises to be very exciting.

The timing of the announcements regarding the players and manager mean for the first time in years we have the whole summer to prepare for next season. My expectations have been raised now, we should be genuinely challenging for a playoff spot. I also expect some pretty decent signings that will greatly improve the squad and make the championship dream come true.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I think DK is anxious about filling the current stadium let alone the new one. The return of Micky will hopefully see the return of a full Withdean.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I was genuinely shocked this morning when I saw the Argus billboard. I did not expect this at all. I thought this season was much better than expected, I had assumed we'd be fighting off relegation but we did oh so much better than that (those who where expecting that we must get to the play-offs astound me).

I have reservations about MA coming back - purely as I don't think going back anywhere is a good thing. Still, I trust Uncle Dick, always have, and hope we will be moving onwards and upwards.

johnnyjetlag

Jul 26, 2004
I think DK is anxious about filling the current stadium let alone the new one. The return of Micky will hopefully see the return of a full Withdean.

Agreed. I'm sure DK's decision all centres around the recent millions of pounds loss and he's trying to get us out of the catch 22 situation of needing a new stadium in order to progress (and at least break even) versus not being able to fund the new stadium because we aren't progressing due to playing at the Withdean! Hope Adams can do a job...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here