Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Board have bottled it haven't they?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yeah, he's had FOURTEEN GAMES for christs sake. Thats almost THREE MONTHS worth.
What the f*** are the club playing at ?

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Yeah, he's had FOURTEEN GAMES for christs sake. Thats almost THREE MONTHS worth.
What the f*** are the club playing at ?

Mate calm down it's matter of opinion. Your opinion I respect but mine is that 3 wins in 14 and a home record of played 7 won 2 lost 5 is total and utter shit. The team has no idea how to defend, players keep getting sent off and we cant f***ing score. Yes we have played OK in 25 minute spells in A FEW games but I am afraid for me that is not a sign of any progress at all. Slade himself said something along the lines of judge me after 12 games. Need I mention that we are in the relegation zone after spending a decent amount of money we have only 2 weeks until a run of games that could quite easliy see us lose touch with teams above us and the chairman want us near (at least) the play offs. I am not attacking RS as a man I just think we need a bigger manager to take the club forward and revamp the coaching staff. But yeah fine shout everyone down who does not hold your views.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
If the club do sack Slade, then it's unlikely we'd hear anything until at least today. Last year when Adams was sacked it was announced on the Saturday morning of a game and that's highly likely to be because of the legal implications of sacking a manager so early on in that manager's contract.

In addition, if, in the event that Booker & White are relieved of their duties as many of us would think they would be, then you can add that into the equation as well.

Your 'opinion' of the way the club is run goes WAY beyond the average opinion people are entitled to.

We now have so called experts who know exactly how to run a large business with a multi million pound turnover - I don't think so.

Tony Bloom has more business know how than probably 99% of people on this Board and all you and others like you are doing is making yoursleves look silly.

It would be interesting to allow your sort of people to run our football club and I suspect that in a month we would be out of business.

Leave it to the experts - look at the new stadium being built - look forward to us being in existance and then think again about your opinions.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
If the club do sack Slade, then it's unlikely we'd hear anything until at least today. Last year when Adams was sacked it was announced on the Saturday morning of a game and that's highly likely to be because of the legal implications of sacking a manager so early on in that manager's contract.

In addition, if, in the event that Booker & White are relieved of their duties as many of us would think they would be, then you can add that into the equation as well.

Fair point I guess. The argus state that Slade meet with Bloom in an already arranged meeting yesterday. To be fair it does not say what went on so for the paper to say "it's buisness as usal" is stupid. Who knows what is going on really, it just seems to be he will be in charge for Hartlepool and for me that is wrong.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Your 'opinion' of the way the club is run goes WAY beyond the average opinion people are entitled to.

We now have so called experts who know exactly how to run a large business with a multi million pound turnover - I don't think so.

Tony Bloom has more business know how than probably 99% of people on this Board and all you and others like you are doing is making yoursleves look silly.

It would be interesting to allow your sort of people to run our football club and I suspect that in a month we would be out of business.

Leave it to the experts - look at the new stadium being built - look forward to us being in existance and then think again about your opinions.

I am not claiming I could run the club but my views are based on the resluts and the teams performances. I am sure it's not as black and white as I would like it to be and I am sure Bloom makes decisions he feels are best for our club. Also you don't know anything about me pal so don't start using phrases like your sort of people and speculating that I could not run the club for all you know I could do a bloody good job! This is an opinions board, the nature of it is that I can spout my opinion if I want as can you.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
The board haven't bottled it - they'd have only bottled it if they'd given in to the small but vocal band of ADHD sufferers who seem to have infested this board lately, and sacked a man before he's had sufficient time to sort out the defensive shortcomings (having a settled back four will go some way towards this).

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Mate calm down it's matter of opinion. Your opinion I respect but mine is that 3 wins in 14 and a home record of played 7 won 2 lost 5 is total and utter shit. The team has no idea how to defend, players keep getting sent off and we cant f***ing score. Yes we have played OK in 25 minute spells in A FEW games but I am afraid for me that is not a sign of any progress at all. Slade himself said something along the lines of judge me after 12 games. Need I mention that we are in the relegation zone after spending a decent amount of money we have only 2 weeks until a run of games that could quite easliy see us lose touch with teams above us and the chairman want us near (at least) the play offs. I am not attacking RS as a man I just think we need a bigger manager to take the club forward and revamp the coaching staff. But yeah fine shout everyone down who does not hold your views.

I'm quite calm thanks. I'm not the one screaming for the managers head after a shit start to a season (and it IS just a start), and I'm not the one assuming a new manager, the TENTH in 9 seasons, would come in, click his fingers and have us storming up the league.

I think we all need to calm down a bit and give the guy a chance. The start has been abysmal, there's no getting away from that fact. But the problems on the pitch are far from insurmountable. For me its a case of a bit of tweaking, rather than wholesale panic-stations-get-rid-of-the-manager RIGHT NOW time.

3 wins in 14 games is a run of form. A run of POOR form for sure, but its not necessarily an indicator for an entire season.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 391

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
I'm quite calm thanks. I'm not the one screaming for the managers head after a shit start to a season (and it IS just a start), and I'm not the one assuming a new manager, the TENTH in 9 seasons, would come in, click his fingers and have us storming up the league.

I think we all need to calm down a bit and give the guy a chance. The start has been abysmal, there's no getting away from that fact. But the problems on the pitch are far from insurmountable. For me its a case of a bit of tweaking, rather than wholesale panic-stations-get-rid-of-the-manager RIGHT NOW time.

3 wins in 14 games is a run of form. A run of POOR form for sure, but its not necessarily an indicator for an entire season.

Fair enough thats your view. I disagree but respect it. We shall see what happens in the next few days.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I am not claiming I could run the club but my views are based on the resluts and the teams performances. I am sure it's not as black and white as I would like it to be and I am sure Bloom makes decisions he feels are best for our club. Also you don't know anything about me pal so don't start using phrases like your sort of people and speculating that I could not run the club for all you know I could do a bloody good job! This is an opinions board, the nature of it is that I can spout my opinion if I want as can you.

Tony Bloom has to take into account FAR more than that.

I think Easy's point is that you are going on and on and on and on about it (how posts/new threads do you mention this?), and it's plain we all know where you stand.

I'd rather hear your views on vegetarian diets, if you please.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Fair enough thats your view. I disagree but respect it. We shall see what happens in the next few days.

Its not the next few days that worry me, its the next few months.
If we havn't picked up by the turn of the year, then I may have to reconsider my position, and I might be joining you !

But honestly, 14 games, for me, is way way too soon to pass final judgement.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Yeah, but you're fast turning into the new Uncle Spielberg. You are of course entitled to your opinion (I disagree with you as well but that's by the by), but do you have to start thread after thread and make post after post? It does seem to be the antis who are making the most noise and it is getting a little tedious. At least ostrich has been banned so we've only got one of you today!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here