Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The blue surround of the pitch looks a bit shit

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
It will look fantastic when complete. The cam angle makes the south goal look further away from the supporters than in reality and once the various advertising boards and lettering etc is added to the blue surround it will look amazing. The colour is probably also to match the American express branding as I posted on a previous thread. Also it will help our many disabled fans find their way to their area.
Ps the lack of gratitude of a minority of fans is a great shame but they have always sadly existed, the doom and gloom merchants.

Attachments

• am.jpg
    am.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 437
  • in.bmp
    61.5 KB · Views: 453
Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
By the time the American Express logo is superimposed on "the moat" it will just look like one long advertising banner

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
i LOVE the moat. think it looks QUALLA.

agree about the distance though. what's all this about 'sightlines'?

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
You not coming then?

Been several times already and will be there this season. Why?

I appreciate the stadium and think it's absolute quality, one of the best of the new ones in the country. Doesn't mean it doesn't have things I'd change though. f***ing hell, some of you would think I said knock the thing down and start again.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
And I still don't like that the front of the stands are so far from the pitch. I know it's to fit UEFA regs for U21 games and that but still, I thought the club might retain the feel that old grounds have, where you're practically on top of the action by the touchline.

We've just spend more than 10 years the wrong side of a running track FFS!

I'm sure the pitch will look and feel pretty close to the pitch in real life and with 22k fans in there - and I'd imagine they've put it as close as modern regs allow.

Regarding the colour, I'd have been prepared to live with pink polka dots on it in exchange for todays news!

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
All of us appreciate the things going on with the albion,
everything from the AITC , the chairman, the manager, backroom staff, the football played , and the stadium,
has been done with style and panache,

except that the blue bit round the pitch...

looks rubbish

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Beats moaning about how shit Withdean is but is it as good a reason to refuse to go and just stick with the away games?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think the whole Stadium is a thing of beauty and we are very lucky to have it. It to me is the 8th wonder of the World.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here