Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Blooms and the future....

That is the point, 'Get your cheque book out DK', is clearly wide of the mark on account of the fact that he hasn't really got one of any note nor has he really been in charge of the Albion one in recent times.
... nor has his position as Chairman ever been called into question by the people who do have the money that has been spent keeping the Club going.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
That is the point, 'Get your cheque book out DK', is clearly wide of the mark on account of the fact that he hasn't really got one of any note nor has he really been in charge of the Albion one in recent times.

Plus, it is a good job we managed to get a sensible man in who was willing to take on a club running at a huge loss with no home. I don't remember many people clamouring to take over the club.

Ray Bloom is a 'Good Bean' even if his actions at the time of the Archer/Belotti saga were somewhat questionable.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
... nor has his position as Chairman ever been called into question by the people who do have the money that has been spent keeping the Club going.

noone is suggesting it is......he is a very good front man

Question is for how long?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Quite surreal really, almost 16 years and 11 months to the day that he issued a writ against the Gulls Eye team I sat down, actually we were standing up, and had a drink with Ray Bloom at the cricket last night.
The upshot being that in my opinion I firmly believe that both Ray and the rest of his family, despite a blip during the Archer years, are as passionate about the Albion as the rest of us.
One member of the family, Tony, is vital to both the clubs short term and long term future, in fact had it not been for Tony's and other directors/local businessmens financial support over the last couple of years, one wonders were the club would be this morning.

There's a f***ing great love-in going on around NSC at the moment, OK own up who knows we've got the ok for the Falmer Stadium?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
As chairman there have been some contracts he gave that fans have criticised, but in the last few years there have been sales which have brought millions into the club.

sumo

Mar 24, 2007
You can't say that Harty, you will upset the 'get your cheque book out DK' brigade who are convinced that all the directors are going to be zillionaires if Falmer is given the green light

Good point if Falmer is given the green light DK and the likes of the blooms and MrChapman won't all of a sudden have 10 million to flash about.

I think most people realise there is little chance we will have the same board when Falmer is secured. If they are still their we will still be cash strapped fighting to sign as many free players as we can

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
As chairman there have been some contracts he gave that fans have criticised, but in the last few years there have been sales which have brought millions into the club.
which could be said of many if not all chairman

the one thing that makes him different is the situation he is (we are) in..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here