Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Blooms and the future....

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Quite surreal really, almost 16 years and 11 months to the day that he issued a writ against the Gulls Eye team I sat down, actually we were standing up, and had a drink with Ray Bloom at the cricket last night.
The upshot being that in my opinion I firmly believe that both Ray and the rest of his family, despite a blip during the Archer years, are as passionate about the Albion as the rest of us.
One member of the family, Tony, is vital to both the clubs short term and long term future, in fact had it not been for Tony's and other directors/local businessmens financial support over the last couple of years, one wonders were the club would be this morning.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
in fact had it not been for Tony's and other directors/local businessmens financial support over the last couple of years, one wonders were the club would be this morning.

You can't say that Harty, you will upset the 'get your cheque book out DK' brigade who are convinced that all the directors are going to be zillionaires if Falmer is given the green light.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Quite surreal really, almost 16 years and 11 months to the day that he issued a writ against the Gulls Eye team I sat down, actually we were standing up, and had a drink with Ray Bloom at the cricket last night.
The upshot being that in my opinion I firmly believe that both Ray and the rest of his family, despite a blip during the Archer years, are as passionate about the Albion as the rest of us.
One member of the family, Tony, is vital to both the clubs short term and long term future, in fact had it not been for Tony's and other directors/local businessmens financial support over the last couple of years, one wonders were the club would be this morning.

Yep. Very strange bedfellows we all have at times. I genuinely feel more optimistic about the Albion than at any time since Dick Knight first got on board.

Are you still in touch with the Gull's Eye team, Harty? I used to see you lot in Chapmans when I was out drinking with Dave and John Trangmar. Perhaps a special edition all ready for Falmer - I'll hand deliver a copy to Bellotti myself and let the fucker know he didn't win.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth

The future Mr Harty..surely comes from people with money...that is the only way we can go forward and compete at the highest level!

Unfortunately..it proberly wont be from people who love and care about the club...as much as the fans and the currant board....

Most investors these days are just your average joe...looking to do something with the money they have made in their industry or skill.....theres not many archer and belloti's out there....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I prefer the Blooms to that idiot Chapman.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
I prefer the Blooms to that idiot Chapman.

I assure you that Derek Chapman is certainly no idiot, he's a very asute businessman but also a passionate Albion fan, and like Tony Bloom he is one of the people that have kept the club going in the last few years.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Blimey Harty singing the praises of Barry Lloyd and now the Blooms...who'd have thunk it? Please don't arrange to meet Archer, Stanley or Bellotti anytime soon!!!

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Blimey Harty singing the praises of Barry Lloyd and now the Blooms...who'd have thunk it? Please don't arrange to meet Archer, Stanley or Bellotti anytime soon!!!

Like Ivor Caplin 'walking out' with a lady, some things will never happen..............:D

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I assure you that Derek Chapman is certainly no idiot, he's a very asute businessman but also a passionate Albion fan, and like Tony Bloom he is one of the people that have kept the club going in the last few years.

Fair enough, but I dont feel he is fit for a public position...which running a football club is. He isnt the most sophisticated person in the world and has come across as a bit of a gobshite whenever I have been exposed to his thoughts.

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th

Perhaps the only real surprise in this Ian is that its taken you so long to work it out?!!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think most people have worked out that DK is not awash with cash and has to rely on the likes of FBS and the Blooms to keep the club going...thank goodness for them.

It will be interesting to see when the financing of the stadium is discussed further just how much input DK will have when it does appear to the outsider that DK is the face of BHA whereas the real finance brokers appear to be the Blooms

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
You can't say that Harty, you will upset the 'get your cheque book out DK' brigade who are convinced that all the directors are going to be zillionaires if Falmer is given the green light.

That is the point, 'Get your cheque book out DK', is clearly wide of the mark on account of the fact that he hasn't really got one of any note nor has he really been in charge of the Albion one in recent times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here